summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

I am in Oregon!!!

I have never been here before. I have heard of Mount Hood, and of the Willamette Valley, but now I've seen them too. We drove through Willamette, and did you know this: It's pronounced, "Will-AM-it. Huh. Learn something new every day.

We worked that amphitheater concert, went to bed at 1:00 am, then were up at five (I actually got up at 4:30 and showered), then headed to the airport...this morning. It seems like forever ago. We flew to Chicago, then across to Portland, got on a shuttle and rented a car, to drive the two+ hours to Eugene.

Flying over this great big country of ours is amazing on a clear day. The patchwork of fields and roads, the mountains and rivers and valleys and lakes, with the shadows of fair-weather clouds...wow.

Flying itself, blah. We flew economy plus, no television on the first flight, which was less than 2 hours. Then the 4 hour flight, there were movies and shows playing if you paid, but we didn't choose to do that. I read my book until I felt like I was car sick, then snoozed, woke up and looked out the window, and snoozed a bit more. Every time I closed my eyes I was dreaming again.

Anyway. We are here, and it's gorgeous. Tomorrow I am getting a phone, so there will be pictures...:)

2 comments:

Donna bogie said...

You sure do get around alot! you are very lucky, Im stuck here at my 8-5 job .

16 blessings'mom said...

Donna, I know! I am so very thankful that I am able to travel as much as I do, and especially when it involves visiting family.