summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, November 18, 2021

and, good morning!

Here we are, all decorated for Christmas, and it's warm out!  60 degrees!  It seems downright silly to have a tree up, and all the lights and sparkly things out, it's like Christmas in Florida!  I know, I know, enjoy it, because it certainly won't last.

Yesterday, I picked Miss Charlotte Claire up from school just a tiny bit early, so I could take her with Camille, out and about.  They actually didn't get anything from Starbucks, because shh, I took them to McDonalds.  Cam would rather have the half sweet iced tea with lemon from the dollar menu, anyway.  They were heading to help Abigail do some cleaning/maintenance at church cabins, so I thought I'd treat them to a nice dinner...I mean, they LOVE that stuff...McChickens, nuggets...I did have a McDouble with no ketchup or mustard, and I skipped the bun.  But my real dinner was at home, taco salad...

Anyway, the morning was lovely.  I went outside with Char while she waited for the bus...
Someone did leave muddy sneakers on that table...
This next week will be nice, Charlotte has the whole week off from school, and Samuel and Grace and little Grant and Ruth Eleanor will be coming to stay with us, for Thanksgiving!  I vacuumed the guest room yesterday, and took all the bedding off, am in the process of washing it all, so we can make it warm and cozy for them.  I realized as I was in there yesterday that if/when they move to New York in the spring time, they won't be staying with us anymore, so it's really a finite thing.  (Unless they move in here until they can find a place, or something like that ha.).  I decided to really treasure getting the room ready, with an attitude to bless, because we all know how it's in us to grumble about everything.  

When they stay with us, the mornings spent with coffee and around- the- house clothes, being in no particular hurry, the coziness, it IS precious. 

Life, as we know, is not all sunshine and roses.  Things happen, and our faith is tested.  If you read my blog and think:  dang she has an easy life!, well, that's  because it's not always my story to tell.  I have 16 kids, so believe me, there's always one or another who has something going on, but far be it from me to blast their business on my blog...don't get me wrong, they're good kids, there's not awful stuff, but sometimes their trials effect me.  There are huge financial trials we've had, which I'll not get into here, and we've learned from them, and are working on so many aspects of how we've been affected, but again, I can't really write about it all.  

But shh, I do have a good life, I really do.  I am super thankful for my days here on earth and I am really working on using my time in a good way.  

Oh, Suri is much much better.  The tumor has seemed to effect her movement a bit, but not drastically.  I just hope it doesn't grow anymore.  At this point, the vet isn't inclined to remove it, but if it continues to grown and impede movement, it might be a necessity, but I am not going to worry about that right now.  

Have a really good day! 


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Good morning πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹ I’m sitting here in my nice comfy chair in my jammies and hair sticking out everywhere πŸ™„πŸ˜³ I love reading your blog every morning and of course no one’s life is perfect, but we have to make it the best we can and be grateful. I hope dear Suri does well. Labs tend to get lumpy I hear. Hudson is good as far as lumps go and he’s almost 12. Has other issues though πŸ˜” We do love our doggies. It will be lovely to have Sam and family for Thanksgiving……..we’ve had our thanksgiving already in October. You will all have a wonderful time together at Ben’s.

Enjoy your day!!

Marilyn from Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

Carol said...

It's a breath of fresh air to hear you say that you choose not to air their business online as I see so many people putting so many bad things about their children on social media and I find that I would hate to know my mother done that. I have written about some of our trials, but overall, I try not to share much about their issues either. I hope you enjoy the time with the ones visiting and that we are all able to share in those joyful moments.

Joybells said...

I love that you respect your kids' privacy. And that you don't use the blog to vent about every little thing. I truly enjoy following along with you and a large part of that is your upbeat attitude in life's many ups and downs. "He who is of a merry heart has a continual feast." Wishing you a truly festive Thanksgiving holiday!! πŸ¦ƒπŸ‚πŸ

Joy from Salem

Terri D said...

Aww... poor Suri. Hoping that thing stops growing so you don't have to resort to surgery. I agree that no one's life can be perfect. Gosh, we all have our trials and tribulations but this isn't the place to put it all out there. I think we all know that. I always enjoy my visits here!! xo

Michelle said...

Poor Suri! I hope she stays stable and doesn’t need surgery. It’s so hard when our pets start aging and having problems.

I appreciate your positive attitude and your respectfulness to your kids not to “air the dirty laundry” on the internet. I think all of your readers know your life isn’t perfect (because ours isn’t either!), but you inspire others to look on the bright side of things, which is nice, and rare these days.

Enjoy your warm days for now! I live in southwest Florida (way south of Tampa) and it’s usually around high 70’s to low 80’s here on Christmas. :) We always wish for a 60 degree day though lol.

Anonymous said...

I also read your blog daily, I love your words wisdom! “ attitude to bless “ and it is east to grumble. Wishing you a blessed Thanksgiving with your family! Darla from Orlando