summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, November 5, 2021

well, ya know....

 

Beauty, so temporal.  These trees will be naked and desolate soon, aren't I just a sunshine today?

I am sitting down and putting these old achy feet up, feels nice.  I made a double batch of chocolate chip cookies, cut up the sweet potatoes, potatoes, and Brussel sprouts for dinner, put a pork loin roast in a dish with lemon juice, rosemary, salt and pepper, and back into the refrigerator...I have the third load of bedding in the washer, and have swept the floors and and and, (and stands for puttering around, and shh, doing the daily crossword puzzle ha).  

Margaret is coming over this afternoon with the kids, for dinner.  

So we've been busy here in the living room, moved the furniture around, got rid of the huge coffee table, got a little rug to go on the floor, have a new futon in here, so basically four couches in the living room now...but hey, too much furniture because too many people, although I prefer to think of it as just enough people.  

Two guitars are visible in this pic, there are two more in that back corner, where do normal people keep their guitars?  

Anyway.  Life is busy enough.  This is Camille's birthday weekend, so tomorrow we are either going to the Chinese Buffet, or getting take-out, whatever Cam decides she wants to do.  I'd rather do take-out, as I tend to lean towards the old Getting My Money's Worth at the buffet, and oh it's such garbage-io, salty and carb-y....but oh so yummy!  I never ever feel well after eating that food.

Sunday, we are having our turkey dinner, and I am making a cake for dessert, because Sunday is Miss Cam's actual birthday.  Apparently I made a white cake from scratch, served it with homemade whipped cream, and berries, and that's what she wants.  I don't remember what recipe I used though.  

Next week, more adventures, as Mariel and I are flying out to Oregon to visit Kathryn....


1 comment:

Billie Jo said...

Hello, my friend! Happy Birthday to your girl! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend celebrating her. Your home is so lovely, especially because I know it is full of love. Have a cozy weekend!