summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, November 23, 2021

it's beginning....!

 

...to look a lot like winter!  Isn't this beautiful?  My niece Susan took this from her front porch this morning, and gave me permission to steal it to share with you all.  Snow IS lovely.

Anne visited me yesterday for a few hours.  We did not get bored.  She likes playing with "little things", such as my collection of Calico Critters/Little Woodzeez...and we colored, and made some Christmas crafts...she likes glitter!
We didn't get a lot of snow, but when you wake up and there's that certain brightness to the house, that reflection of the snow, it's so dang Christmas-y!
The bench by the door...
The tree has really grown on me, I do like it.

So yesterday, Camille and I drove right into winter.   Her appointment was in a small city closer to Lake Ontario, and snow!  It was like driving into a snow globe.  The news from the doctor is what we expected, her knee is just too unstable, it has dislocated THREE times now.  So, she'll have a surgery to tighten that kneecap up, with the insertion of a cadaver tendon.  Poor Cam, we know from Sonja having this, it's a tough recovery.  But it's better than the alternative, walking around not knowing when it's going to happen...one of the times, she was just walking, and pop!!

Anyway.  We went into Aldi after just to get things for a Thanksgiving punch, and for some plates...well, we had to go to Walmart because they were sold out.  Walmart was mobbed, but we were pretty good about getting just what we needed and getting back on the road towards home...ahh, home.  

The girls made pizzas for dinner, and I had leftover ham and veggies from Sunday.  

I think I'll make meatballs for dinner tonight...tons of them so we can have leftovers tomorrow night, as we'll be making pies, and won't want to make dinner, too.  

Molly is coming over for a visit in a few hours with the little puppy, can't wait to meet her!  

Sam and Grace and Grant and Ruth Eleanor are coming tomorrow night.  

It truly is the most wonderful time of the year!

2 comments:

Terri D said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! You can keep your snow, but it is pretty! xo

Mari said...

It's looking so pretty!