summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, July 15, 2022

a dry spell....

 The days and weeks of summer still stretch before me, and I find myself lulled into thinking they will be relaxing and blissful.  But those days will fill up, and life will happen, and before I know it, the brisk winds will be blowing leaves around again.

Oh, aren't I a ray of sunshine this fine morning?

Life IS happening.  We're working on cleaning out and renovating another house/apartment, which is a lot of work.  I bring home all the heat register covers, wash and spray paint them black, makes them all spiffy again.  Today we're going to do some painting, this one was left in decent condition.  

Yesterday, Cam had physical therapy at 11:30, we didn't get out of there until after one...into town we "ran", stopped at the bank, got a coffee because my free birthday beverage was expiring, ran into the hardware store to get a bag of salt for the water softener, into the little store for ice cream as I planned to make ice cream pies, to the apple lady to get sweet corn and tomatoes, then home, ahh home.

Suzanne and her fiancé were coming to dinner!  Jon is leaving next week, and they wanted to see him before he goes.  Well, their plans changed last minute, but Joseph and Bethany were still coming over.  I grilled the chops which had marinated for two days in lemon juice and seasonings.  I peeled and chopped sweet potatoes, tossed in olive oil, rosemary, salt, pepper, garlic, and put them in the air fryer.  We peeled the corn and put it to boil.  I took the remains of the sweet potato oil and added hot sauce, bbq, and brown sugar, and used it to spoon onto the chops as they grilled.  

mmm.  Pork chops here, on sale, are usually two dollars or less a pound.  I'd rather have a steak, but that would be triple the cost, so unless I run into a really good sale on beef....(we ate all the steaks from the 1/4 cow we bought), pork chops will be fine.  It's all in the marinade and cooking method, so they don't get dry.

We have to leave in ten minutes, Camille's ortho dr. group is a 48 mile round trip, but from there we will head to the house we are working on, bless my girls' hearts, they are helping me on this nice sunny day.  Getting an early start and working hard, we will try to save some of the afternoon for a swim, although we do have to mow this lawn too...

We will have fun though, and enjoy the day, as much as possible. 

Paul returns from Colorado tonight, midnight airport run, wah.  I stayed up too late last night and got up too early, but it sure was fun...Joe and Beth here with their two pups, and Jon, and Sonja K., Charlotte Claire, Camille...we watched Porko Rosso (Miyazaki movie, watch it!!!!)...

Ah well....time to fly out the door since I blogged until the last second!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you like most to make with apples? I've got two 3 lb bags no one seems interested in eating fresh. Have a great weekend!
Valerie

~Pam~ said...

Hello!! my, my you have a full, blessed life. I hope you are enjoying a nice weekend. I updated my blog today, miracles do happen. ;)
xo

16 blessings'mom said...

Valerie, I like to add peeled chopped apples to unsweetened applesauce, add a bit of cinnamon and sugar and bake it, but it's too hot for that! You can peel and chop them and freeze them, and use them in applesauce or muffins when it cools down. Or you can slice them and serve them with peanut butter, mmm. If they really won't eat them, let them bob for them in cold water. :)
Pam, yay!!! And hello!