summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, July 27, 2022

oh my goodness!

 

Me, Camille Anaya, and Kathryn Grace...we went to the movies to see Top Gun.  It was riveting, entertaining, but I am a super critic, and there were holes.   It was a fun night though, and we got popcorn!
Little Rhys...so cute!

It WAS a day today.  I took Camille to physical therapy, then went to Abigail's to do a bit of training, then to the post office to send in Jonathan's car's license plates, as in NY state you have to turn them in to cancel the insurance.  Home, ahh, home.  I did take a swim this afternoon, while Wulf played on the pool deck.  He doesn't like going in the pool at this time, but he does like to sit on the ladder and put his feet in, and fill buckets and use the squirt gun, so he wears his floaty.  He's very amusing, good fun.  

Margaret went home with the boys this afternoon, Kathryn went home earlier today with her two...so now it's just Paul and I, and Camille....we just got home from the movies, and wow, I'm tired enough!  We went to Marshall's before the movies, and found a few nice things, for a few birthdays.  :)

My agenda is rather empty tomorrow, but shh, don't tell anyone, ha.  I could use a catch-up day.

Thank you for kind words and prayers for Grace's grandma, she's really not doing well, and Grace's mom is tired, what a thing to go through.  When my mom went into hospice, what a week we had, then when she passed away, there was relief, that she was out of pain, and that we didn't have to spend more time in the hospital, but such guilt about the relief, and such immense sadness.  Little did I know how much I would actually deeply miss her, for so long.  It's been sixteen years now, and I still want to call her and tell her the little things, those details no one else cares about.   

It'll be busy soon enough...tomorrow evening, the pool with our friends, then Friday...physical therapy for Camille, then we'll get in the car with Evelyn, pick Emily up from work in the city, and head to the Adirondacks for our string quartet, then our nice comfy night in the Holiday Inn....we'll bring beach stuff, and find a nice beach for Saturday....ahh, summer!  

Ah well....I'm tired!  BTW, my hip hasn't been giving me much trouble, just a twinge here and there....so that's nice.  Goodnight, and maybe tomorrow, a more proper post!  Good night!

3 comments:

Carol said...

What a cute baby! I loved the Top Gun movie.

Terri D said...

Rhys is adorable! Glad you have a quiet day to catch up!! I haven't been to the movies since before covid - so a long time. Have never been a big going to the movies person, even when Joe was alive we didn't go often. I LOVED the book 'Where The Crawdads Sing' and want to see the movie, but I'm afraid to be disappointed. The book was SO good and movies usually aren't. Sigh. Enjoy your Friday!! xo

16 blessings'mom said...

Carol, Rhys IS cute, she's such a little peanut. I enjoyed the movie, too.
Terri, I don't go to the movies too often, mostly to entertain the teenagers here and there. Camille is stuck home with me while Charlotte Claire and Sonja (and Jonathan) are at a fantastic youth conference in Norway (because of her knee issues), so I'm trying to make it a fun week for her...