summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, July 26, 2022

on being grandma...

 

My house is Chaos Capital today.  Margaret is spending a few days here with Wulf and Tennyson (the first two boys on my lap), and Kathryn is spending a few days here with Rhys and Achilles (the other two on my lap).
They all went to bed well last night, and are actually being really good here.
Rhys!
They had ice cream last night, Margaret holding Rhys, and Tenny, Achilles, Wulf.

Wulf, cousin Achilles, cousin Grant...

This fine morning, I decided to make zucchini bread...and keto chocolate zucchini muffins (almond flour, monk fruit sugar)...

The zucchini was freshly picked from our garden.  Paul had bought me this cool grater attachment for my Kitchen-Aid, quite a while ago, and I finally hooked it up and used it, magic.  Two loaves of regular zucchini bread...and:
One dozen keto muffins, chocolate zucchini, oh so moist and yummy.  I did put a few chocolate chips on top, so not totally keto.


So yesterday, Camille and I were in the grocery store, in the back corner, dairy section, finishing up a quick shopping trip.  The announcement my dreams are made of came on the loudspeaker:  single donuts are now 6 for $2, single bagels are now 6 for $2....I was like PINCH ME, is this REAL?  It was like a blast from the past:  Attention Kmart shoppers...!

I told Camille they waited until we were in the farthest corner of the store from the bakery, and were watching us on the camera, scurrying...

Am I wrong, or are those donuts beautiful?  

We had so much fun, we went to Kohl's...they had some clearance...not for me, I tried on six things, and nothing fit right.  Even a Land's End bathing suit, it was all squishy in the top, and made me look like an eight year old girl.  But Camille found a Columbia rain jacket for $15, two cute skirts, a cute top, and it was all $17, after my ten dollars Kohl's cash.

Anyway, it's busy here...Emily, Abigail, and Mariel are bringing dinner over...ribs and Mac&cheese, and I have pork chops in the oven, along with some baked applesauce.  

I've had two training sessions with Abigail, am learning some bookkeeping basics.  I've got a ways to go, and will do some studying tonight...tomorrow I'll do another session, it's coming along.  

Ah well, so much is going on here.  Poor Grace is here with her kids, and her mama back home in Lousiana is with her mama, Grace's gramma, who is sick in the hospital, and honestly, not doing well, as in she won't be going home.  It's sad.  Pray for Grace's mom, if you are a praying person, that she can endure the day, and have peace and comfort from God as her mama goes on into heaven.

The day is winding down, this post was done in fits and starts, but what a wonderful day it's been.



4 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Praying for your intentions, dear friend. And so many cuddly babies to love!!! We have zucchini, and I was just thinking about bread. Love it with a smidge of butter melting on top!!! Have a cozy evening with your people!

Terri D said...

Covering your intentions with prayer. I love seeing you with the littles!! You are so lucky with good deals when you are shopping!! Those donuts look delicious!! xo

Michelle in FL said...

I’m sorry to hear about Grace’s mom, sending prayers. Those donuts look delish! I’m jealous;) We “donut” (do not) have any good donuts in my part of Florida, they’re kinda just meh. I gotta say, like Margaret’s shirt lol. :)

16 blessings'mom said...

Billie Jo, that zucchini bread was delectable, I don't WANT to eat it, but I made the mistake of tasting it, and oh dear.
3 c flour
1 teas salt
1 teas baking soda
1 teas baking powder
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
3 eggs
1 c vegetable oil (I used part coconut oil)
2 1/4 c white sugar
3 teasp vanilla
2 c grated zucchini
325 for 40-55 minutes
(sift dry ingredients. Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, sugar, add dry and mix well, stir in zucchini)
(From Allrecipes, Mom's Zucchini Bread). (I only used 2 c sugar, and added extra cinnamon, next time more zucchini too, but it was really good!)
Terri, I do love to bargain shop:)
Michelle, thank you. I "donut" eat donuts, because I love love LOVE them, way too much. I like Margaret's shirt too!