summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, July 21, 2022

waterlogged!

 

Cam took this while I was driving, on our way home from physical therapy.
These are from Sunday...lots of family in the pool...Benjamin makes the water seem quite shallow!




Ahh, hot muggy mornings...yesterday I had to sweep and mop, and clean up the kitchen, and oh dear...do that with no AC, and you'll understand why I had to take a swim before getting dressed to go to physical therapy with Miss Cam.  

We got home, and I gathered some things for our camping trip, then...back in the pool, oh poor me, right?

Dinner:  I cut up a five pound package of chicken breast, into little chunks, and marinated it in pickle juice.  There just happened to be a big jar of pickles that was 2/3 gone, so it could spare most of the juice.  This chicken had soaked in that juice in the refrigerator for hours, I thought to dredge it in salt and pepper flour, then egg, then bread crumbs, and air fry it.  Well.  About a tenth or less of it fit in that air fryer, then it was sticking, and getting way too crunchy....I knew what I had to do:  get out some olive oil and canola oil, and fry up the rest of it in a frying pan...I didn't submerge it in oil, but still, I stood there for an hour, frying up batches of that chicken.  I cannot tell you how hot I was.  I'll spare you the details, but it wasn't pretty.

But, the chicken was really really good, better than Chik-fil-a.  

After dinner, it was time to go to the activity club swim gathering!  I got into my suit, and out the door, all by myself.  Oh those kids are fun.  One of the little girls liked to swim up and scare me, little did she know that I'm so jumpy, half those screams were real ha.  

Home...ah, home.  I stayed up too late with the girls watching silly shows.  We have an AC unit in our room, and turned it on for bed time...ahh, so nice!  So nice until the thunder storms rolled in and the power went out in the night!  Oh my it got hot in there, not even a fan to blow hot air on us!  

So, I'm a little tired this fine morning, as I head out the door to a knee appointment at the orthopedic dr. for Camille, 24 miles away.  After the appointment, we're headed yet further north, to do some painting on an apartment, so we can get it ready to rent.  (Believe me when I tell you:  we aren't getting rich from this.  We bought these houses several years back, and sparing the gory details, it hasn't gone well.  We're trying to turn them around, get renters who actually pay their rent...we still have to pay the mortgage, and the taxes.  We're making them as nice as we can, but it's a lot of work...)

Then, home...and packing for camping, because tomorrow, we go camping!  

1 comment:

Terri D said...

I can't imagine no AC. I grew up in Ohio without it but how Floridians did back in the day I have no idea. Glad you have that beautiful pool (what a view) to cool off in. Finding renters... God bless you. Hope you get some new good ones. Enjoy your camping trip!! xo