summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, July 5, 2022

oh so free!

 Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness...we are so very blessed.  

Today:  a visit to my daughters' house, Paul and Mariel went for a three mile run while I sipped my coffee with Emily and Abigail.  No sooner did we get back home, and Charlotte Claire needed a ride to their house...she mows their lawn, a nice little job.  So back I went, and visited with Emily as she wandered around her yard clipping and trimming branches.  I got back in the truck, and checked my phone before backing out, oops!  A text from Paul:  you have the truck, and both sets of car keys.  

Home again, pool!  Aahhhhh, no pics, but so clear and nice!  Evelyn came over for a visit and a swim, then Kathryn and Darius with Rhys and Achilles.  I grilled marinated chicken breasts, hot sausages.  Salt potatoes, watermelon and grapes, and the first zucchini of the year from the garden, browned up in olive oil with onions.  There were chocolate chip cookies for dessert with red, white, and blue M&M's, I baked a triple batch of them on Saturday.  

This post:  written in fits and starts.  There is no quiet time here these days unless I go into my room, where Paul has his office set up, so...I can't write when there's Sesame Street on, ha.  

Today is humid and sticky, cloudy and sprinkling rain.  It's nice after all the sunshine we've had, to sweep and mop the floors and do some extra cleaning up, without the sun out there shining on the pool and taunting me. 

In a little while, Sonja K., Charlotte Claire, and I will be going up to the house Sam is moving into, and cleaning up...it's almost finished, they will be moving in this weekend.  I'll miss having my little buddy Grant accompanying me to turn on the pool, and check the garden...there are some watermelons growing, they are small and cute, and I hope they grow into yummy edible giants, mostly for his sake.  I will still see Grant and Ruth and their mommy and daddy.... quite often, as they're not moving very far away.  It'll be quiet here again, but it'll take some getting used to.  

In any case, I just want to say that I'm super thankful for where we live, and the times we live in.  Things are getting bad in some ways, but this is still a time of grace, and things are very hopeful.  

Camille is doing okay, she's got a good attitude, but oh dear it's sad.  She is able to get around somehow, and even managed to get into the pool yesterday, with lots of help...she just floated around and was cooled down and refreshed.  We got her back up on the pool deck, dried off, and leg brace and immobilizer back on, phew.  She goes to the ortho dr. on Thursday.

Paul will be going to Colorado for work next week, he's not traveled in a while, so that'll be different too.  

See, not too much going on....Sonja just finished her summer class, took her final online, it's kind of magical, isn't it?  All the online stuff?  Sonja and Char are going to Norway in a few weeks, Jonathan is leaving for his year in Germany soon....we're going camping again next month...see, not much is going on...so bye for now...:)

2 comments:

Terri D said...

My goodness!! Deep breath!! I just love your energy and your amazing family!! xo

Unknown said...

Good morning Della!! Sounds like busy, busy to me! Poor Camille……….not a great time to have all these problems, but I guess no time is good. I forgot Jonathan was going to Germany…….how exciting for him. What will he be doing there? And the girls off to Norway. My goodness, world travellers. I hope they don’t have flight cancellations etc. It’s not very reliable at the moment, is it 😬😬 It will be quiet at your place for sure.

African travellers……….they are off to Rwanda tomorrow to do the gorilla treks! They are so excited. They had a marvellous time in Kenya on their safaris………saw lots of animals……even a black rhinoceros which is very endangered. The people are so lovely they said and took such good care of them.

Have a lovely day!! 🥰

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦