summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, July 30, 2022

oh sweet little vacation!

 

At the beautiful lake front venue, on Coroga Lake, for the string quartet:  me, Camille (the youngest), Emily (the oldest), and Evelyn (#11...Evelyn, Eleven...:))
We got to the lake and ate our dinner at the beach...the girls had Panera bread food, I had a chicken bowl/salad from Chipotle.
It was a lovely dining room, perfect temperature, what an evening!  

The music was stunning, gripping, amazing.  We thoroughly enjoyed it.   We navigated to the Holiday Inn, found our room, and ahhh, put the feet up and relax!  I took a quick shower so I could relax in the jammies, so sweet.  We ate some cherries, had some wine (only a sip for me), and watched HGTV and "Despicable Me", flipping through the channels.  We laughed too much and had an all around good time.

Eight o'clock in the morning, not too shabby for four of us sleeping in the same room.  There was a Keurig, so Emily made on cup, just so we could sip it and smell the morning coffee, aren't we awful?  But powdered creamer, um, no.  Yes, we are awful.  We packed up and found a cute little coffee shop.




They were trying to make serious faces, my first baby and my last baby.

Okay, that sounds really really weird, since Emily is a nurse practitioner, and is 37 years old...Miss Cam is 14 :)  (22 and a half years apart, Em and Cam: Emily and I are actually closer in age, 19 and a half years apart).  

Anyway.  We had coffee here, Camille had a bagel and an iced chai.  The coffee was good, the vibes were good, and we stayed awhile, long enough for a second cup.  The ladies in there were so nice, the conversation led to thrift stores, and they mentioned the one in the next town being good...so we decided what the heck, we are on vacation, and we all love thrift stores...


Emily found a pay phone on the way in...I don't know why I didn't get pics of them in the actual store, we found so much stuff.  I wandered off by myself, and when I found them, their cart was overflowing.  They tried things on and ended up with just a few things each, but at absolutely amazing prices.  I found:  three pairs of jeans, including on pair of Levis for a total of $17, and a brand new pair of Adidas sweat pants in a nice aqua color, with zipper pockets, fit fantastically, for $9.99.  Camille found a dress, a jacket, a Columbia fleece with a hood ($3.99!).  It was way way way too much fun.  We spent an hour in there.  

Then, it was time for the beach!

Great Sacandaga Lake, oh the beach was nice!  We had a picnic in the shade, charcuterie:  brie, fresh mozzarella, pepperoni, salami, ham, turkey, crackers and hot spicy Cheez-its, chili spiced pistachios, strawberries, cherries, cucumbers, and cold seltzers.  

Emily and I went in swimming, the water was a bit cold but so refreshing.  The skies clouded over too much though, and we were content with just staying there for a short time, then getting on the road...one more destination:  a place that makes it's own ice cream!

We found another phone booth, this phone actually had a dial tone, must be an Adirondack region thing...there is very little cell service in many areas.

Miss Evelyn Joy
Camille with her chocolate peanut butter...two scoops of the same?  I don't mix ice cream flavors, she said.
Evelyn...!

It was a very quaint place, it smelled heavenly...fresh baked molasses cookies, so yes, I bought two to bring home...
I DO mix ice cream flavors, chocolate peanut butter, and mint chocolate chip.

Good old car-window pics, the countryside in New York State is breathtaking.

We got home around five o'clock...Kathryn texted me and was coming over with pizza and wings!  We sat on the deck after, and lit the fire-table, but Darius wanted to go for ice cream....

Achilles!
Kathryn holding Rhys, Darius sharing with her...

Let's just not ask if I had ice cream again....well, it was a vacation day!   Tomorrow, I'll behave.



8 comments:

Linda said...

Grinning....love this post my friend.

Unknown said...

Such lovely pictures! I’m glad you had such a wonderful time with your girls!! I always say if you REALLY want to eat a treat, go ahead, just not every day, right? I don’t want to be lying on my death bed thinking I wish had eaten that ice cream ………… 🥰

Have a lovely day!!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Terri D said...

Looks like you and the girls had a wonderful little get-away!! Ice cream is always good and calories never count on vacation days!! Have a wonderful week ahead!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, it's like we get to travel with you ❤️
Valerie

Mari said...

What a fabulous time! I can only imagine the laughter that went on. :)
I haven't seen a pay phone is such a long time.

16 blessings'mom said...

Linda, it seemed like an actual vacation, instead of a one-night get-away! I loved it!
Marilyn, you are right, and it was so good!
Terri, it was wonderful. Thank you, you too!
Valerie, I hope you enjoyed the get-away too!
Mari, I know, a pay phone that actually works! The first one didn't, but the second one had a dial tone!

Michelle in FL said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! The coffee place sounds neat…I always love to try places like that. Everytime we go anywhere new I look for local coffee shops, it’s just fun! Plus I love coffee:)) The ice cream looks so good too!

Anonymous said...

Love your pictures and catching up
Anne H