summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, January 4, 2024

and we bought....

 ...neither!  We went to Lowe's, there were no samples there, so we looked around, then tried to order one (the darker), and no go, not in stock anymore.  This was already my second choice.  So we looked around again, and some of the lighter ones looked too light, too gray, too fake.  We didn't want to go higher in price, it's already a pricey project.  There was a real wood floor which was waterproofed, Pergo, pretty nice, but it required underlayment, which is a pain, and an extra expense.  

So, we went to Home Depot.  I was getting overwhelmed and overstimulated, but I found something I liked.  Did I really like it, or was I tired of looking?  I liked it enough, and Paul did too, I took a pic and sent it to Char and Cam, they liked it too.  Now when you have been looking at flooring for actual YEARS, and then decide in a split second that this truly the choice, you second guess yourself as soon as that card slides through.  If you read the reviews when you get home, and the first one says it scratches and chips, you about poop your pants.  But, you're still excited, because...new floors!  We chose Lifeproof Pro Fresh Oak, it's 22 ml, waterproof, wide planks(9 inches) (which I wanted)...not too light, not too dark, not too orange, not too fake.....





We'll see, won't we?  This will replace our living room floor, along with the kitchen and down the hall.  Our living room floor is still nice, but has some wear,( and a few awful spots where a puppy may have been a naughty puppy more than once, where it's swelled and separated) and we couldn't figure how to match up the kitchen, and then do the hallway, which is still carpeted in the original blue carpeting, and is attached to the living room.  If we left the living room floor as is, it would be all patched together.  So we are replacing it all.  

I am not having buyer's remorse, but I am not 100%, but then I am quite dramatic, and it has been a long time coming.  So when it's delivered on Monday, we'll see how it is.  Maybe we'll have the flooring torn up by then and be all ready for an install...maybe not.  

Thank you all for your input, I'll keep you posted on the progress...:) (I actually LOVED your input, btw...so nice of you to answer!)


8 comments:

Carol said...

I really like this one better than either of the other two. I think purchasing items like this are decisions just like furniture. Impossible to know if it is truly what you want or not.

Anonymous said...

I like the one that is a little darker. It would hide “junk” a little better.
Happy Happy New Years to you and yours!
Anne H

Marilyn said...

Good morning! I think the mid-colour you have chosen will look lovely Della 😊. Not too dark or light. Mid colour goes with everything. It’s a big job for sure, but so lovely once it’s done!

We had a smattering of snow last night. My daughter said it’s slippery and cold…….-9C at the moment. It had to come sometime 😔

Have a great day!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Anonymous said...

I still liked the darker, but this is a nice honey color that hopefully will bless you for years!!
Valerie

Kristi said...

That is the exact one we put in our rentals. It holds up pretty good, haven't had any problems except for one where a tenant decided to start a fire in the middle of the kitchen.

16 blessings'mom said...

Okay you guys, I liked the darker too, but that was unavailable! We both honed in on the "honey" one, and of course being the absolute QUEEN of Second Guessing, I'm wondering if it will blend right in with our tables in the kitchen, and make the house look forever stuck in the eighties. Kristi, I'll make sure to warn the kids: no fires in the middle of the kitchen. I am almost not surprised, jeepers. Anne, I really like the darker floors, Emily has a dark kitchen floor and it's lovely, but it does show a lot of dust...not that Emily's floors are dusty, but it's surprising that a dark floor would do that. But I do agree, that one I had picked was nice. Evelyn calle, a different Lowe's, and they said they could order it, but we've already bought and paid for this...and who knows if I'd actually love that choice in person?

Joy said...

Della, that one looks beautiful!! I like it better than either of the others. Hopefully all goes well with the install and it looks fabulous in person. Plus, cheers for a consistent new floor throughout. The space looks so much better when the flooring is consistent (I think).

Angie said...

It's lovely! These floors typically go down so quickly and clean up easily. Win!