summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, January 20, 2024

snow globe Saturday...

 ....







She's the smart pup today...

I'm thinking to mosey out to the kitchen and bake some low sugar almond flour molasses cookies.  Dinner tonight?  Not even sure yet.  I've been puttering around putting things back, vacuuming and dusting, there is no end to the dust...
Fast forward to after dinner:  I made Thai coconut lime chicken soup with some rice.  It's actually pretty good.  Then the low carb cookies, they didn't come out the same as last time, but still taste good.

Lemon cookies because I'm going to a friend's house tonight, and we're celebrating Emily's birthday.  She likes lemon.  I decided to do a summer themed plate, and bring some raspberries and blueberries with the cookies.  

Jon, Oscar, Matt...it was below zero up in the Adirondacks, they're not staying another night...heading home now.
Boys.  They just have to do crazy things.  
Rhys in the snow!

Margaret posted this picture, Adrian sent it to her...crazy.  

Emily is picking me up to go to the little celebration, so thankful.  It has snowed here ALL DAY LONG.  It wasn't even showing on the radar, and we were supposed to get just a few inches.  But sometimes those bands of lake effect snow coming off Ontario just settle in and douse us in big fluffy flakes that add up to knee deep snow.  

Ah well....have a good evening, and stay warm!


7 comments:

Terri D said...

Oh my goodness, it looks SO COLD there!! Fun for the kids and the ice fishermen, I guess, but I like your pool pictures better than the snow pictures! I love your floors!! Will keep saying that!! I made split pea soup in the crock pot today. Have leftovers for tomorrow and probably Monday. Soup is always good, especially when it is cold outside. Have a blessed week ahead!

Sandi said...

Wise dog! :)

Linda said...

Yikes, look at that snow, lol. Oh and congrats to your daughter, wishing her and her fiancée the best. smiles

16 blessings'mom said...


Terri, we got so much snow yesterday! It just came down all day long, we were stuck in a lake effect band. Even north of here in Oswego they didn't get this. I enjoy it more from the windows than I do actually going out in it. I love the floors too, thank you. Pea soup, I love it, I might just make some after we eat that ham I got at Aldi for 89 cents a pound...sounds so good.
Sandi, I know! It's the popular spot, sometimes the cat is laying there, and neither dog will assert herself to the cat, so they lie down next to the dog bed and sigh. (we do have two dog beds, but only one can be in front of the fireplace).
Linda, I know, yikes. I need a Florida trip already. And thanks, I think Sonja and Oscar are happy...now comes the fun of them figuring out the immigration stuff...coming to the US legally is a huge expensive headache.

Carol said...

It looks cold there. It is sunny here today and a little warmer and we are to be above freezing tomorrow. I can't wait!

Marilyn said...

Hi Della!

It’s been snowing on and off all day here. Looks pretty though……like there ☺️ Your floor looks so lovely!! I love the colour……..a nice warm colour. You must be tickled……..Trust the dog to be in the best spot in the house 🤣🤣 They always manage that.

Have a great day!!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

16 blessings'mom said...

The snow IS beautiful, Marilyn, good thing, right? Imagine if it was like brown, or gray...and yes, I love the new floors. The dogs always know the best spots, but the kitties can give them some competition. :)