summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, January 14, 2024

living in dust...

 ...

Plastic sheeting to keep the dust in the kitchen might have worked better if the dogs hadn't decided they wanted to investigate every few minutes, going back and forth....

Jonathan has a work ethic like you wouldn't believe.  
Charlotte Claire and Camille pitched in a little...Camille helped bring up some boxes of flooring tonight too.

Today we took a break.  I vacuumed the couch and cleaned up more dust.  We went to church, then had NO ONE over after.  Emily jokingly asked what was for dinner, so I said, "Depression soup to match the decor."  

We ordered pizza and wings last night, just Paul and Jon and me.  It wasn't such a hard day for me, because they did most of the work, but I was here helping move things and sweep things up, ect.  I couldn't really make dinner with the kitchen like that, and I didn't really feel like it.  (The girls were with friends, but came home with their friend Amanda when I got home with the pizza...Camille made donuts for them...) Jon though, he didn't keep his dust mask on because it fogged up his glasses, and he was wheezing by evening.  It was NOT fun.  He's much better now, but jeepers, don't do that again.

Tomorrow is New Flooring Day, yay!  Darius is coming over to help install it.  I'm excited.

I did not make dinner today either.  We had leftover wings, so I had a few of those for lunch, then made some mostly sugar free cookies for dinner :'

2 cups almond flour

1 1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt. 

2+tsp cinnamon, 2+ tsp ginger, nutmeg, allspice, caramom

  mix it all up

Separate bowl, 1/4 c butter

1 egg

1/2 cup sweetener (I used like a tablespoon of honey, some brown sugar swerve, golden monk fruit for a total of about 1/3 cup


1 tablespoon of molasses....beat the butter, add sugars, add egg, add molasses, mix in dry ingredients, roll in balls, bake in 350 oven for eight minutes, let set to harden up a bit.  They're chewy and spicy and not too shabby.  

For dinner, I had cookies, a sugar free greek yogurt, an orange, and some cherries.  :)

The kids made their own stuff (Camille had pierogis), leftover wings, leftover pizza, ect.  

Anyway...no school tomorrow, might not go to the pool as it's going to be FREEZING out, and we're doing the flooring....so have a good night!

3 comments:

Carol said...

You will be so thankful for the dust once your new floor is in. I can't wait to see it.

Anonymous said...

I love seeing your children at work, seems like they all have a great work ethic. We're watching the Bills game; can you imagine shoveling out your seat?? Maybe you can, ha ha. Happy Martin Luther King Day!
Valerie

An American Housewife said...

I've been watching your comments on the tile/floor and wondering when/if you'd take the remodel plunge. We too have about 5 (?) various cracked tiles. I started to look for them right as Covid hit but there were shortages and I couldn't find matching tiles. It ends up it wasn't Covid... they don't make them anymore...

I've spent 4 years off and on ordering and picking up samples. I've finally accepted I can't repair so we'll have to rip out and replace with... something. We are NOT talented in that dept. like your husband and son. But more importantly we have no funds or hope for them at the moment. So... this morning I laid a runner rug down over the 2 that bother me most and I'm going to live with a rug there so I don't have to look at them! Ha ha ha.