summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, January 7, 2024

the long and winding road...

 ...our new flooring is arriving tomorrow.  It's very exciting, but won't be like ONE TWO THREE, there's a new floor!  Our kitchen tile has some cracks and issues, so unfortunately we cannot just put this floor in over it.  Removing tile is a major project, a messy and dusty one.  The living room laminate planks will have to go too, so it will be all level.  So we're looking at a big messy wintertime demo project.  

I'm not sure when it'll be started.  We have snow here this fine morning, and it's lovely, but ugh.




We went to Costco!  On a Saturday!  oh dear.  It was fun/not fun.  But getting a 16 pack of no sugar greek yogurt for less than you can buy eight for, and the cream is cheaper, the ever-amazing Costco Chicken for only $4.99, the cauliflower crust pizza, then the $1.50 hot dog and soda when you're leaving...well, it's crowded for a reason.  
Shh, we stopped at Target.  I wanted a few new cube things for the cube things, if you know what I mean.  Ikea furniture under-the-tv thingy, the fabric storage cubes were looking drab and dingy, so I replaced them with spiffy new black ones.  

Suri with snow on her back.  She came in with snow all over her face, because she loves putting her face in it, it was adorable.  But the camera on my phone sometimes just shows a blank black screen when I have a really good picture to take, and ha, it couldn't possibly be user error.

I have a product recommendation, and I am not getting a penny to say this, as you can see, I don't do ads on my blog, or endorse products for money.  The Gormia espresso machine I got for Jonathan for Christmas, for fifty bucks, works really really well.  The girls use the milk feature and make frothy drinks, but I just make a double espresso and add some hot water from the kettle, or use the Americano button, and oh dear, it's good stuff.  It's not the machine Aaron and Riley had (I think it broke, so don't save for one!), but it does the job.  I'd like the $600 Breville, but that is NOT happening, so I'm happy with this one.  

I need to get moving now, we're going to go out and about to church, and there's some shoveling and snowplowing that needs to happen.  I was going to put together some cookie dough for later too...have a really nice day!

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Good snowy morning!

We have a smattering but it’s -16C and my next week -33C 🥶🥶 Your doggies will love it!

Costco is fun isn’t it? The cauliflower crust is good I think. Prices are really good mostly.

It will be a mess doing the floor, but so worth it once it’s done. If you want a nice area rug in the living room it makes it look nice. I have one and it quite lovely.

I’ve made oatmeal so I’m going to gobble it up with blueberries and half and half. Just a splash.

Have a lovely day! 😊

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Linda said...

WOW look at that snow, to which, I can say 1/2 heartedly, I do not miss...although it sure still seems weird to be wearing flip flops in January, LOL.

Wishing you beautiful day my friend.

Mari said...

So exciting to be getting new flooring! But it's not fun in the middle of it all. Can't wait to see pictures.
I went to Costco on a Saturday om Novemeber and said "never again"! :)

Jan said...

I sympathize with you dreading the demo part of the job. We just finished a project like this, pulling up tile and laminate flooring and putting down wood-look tile. It is wonderful to have all of the downstairs floor matching now, but the dust from the tile demo-yuck. The laminate flooring came right up and didn't cause any mess, so that was good. You'll be glad you did it when you can enjoy the new floor!

Terri D said...

I love Sam's and wish we had a Costco nearby. The closest one is 35-40 miles away so not worth the gasoline or time to get there. I do love Sam's $4.99 chickens!! That snow just makes me shiver!! Travel safely up there when you go out!!