summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, August 22, 2008

back in my room with camille in bed, aaah....

Molly doesn't seem to be getting too sick of helping with Camille....and Camille doesn't seem to be getting too sick of being at the hospital....she cannot get down anywhere, so the girls take her outside a few times a day, right outside the hospital, there is a green area...probably full of pesticides.... Here are the silly girls out near where we park the car....if I told you they are calling this the McDammit house, would you think they are bad girls? They get me laughing so hard, I could hardly walk up the steps last night.... they thought if would be hilarious to make a donation, in an English accent, and refer to it as that....or write it on the check....Molly was calling Camille "Humpty Dumpty"....I said, "Please don't call her that honey....you know what happened to Humpty Dumpty...."""for some reason, this was the funniest thing in the world.....I guess when you've been at the hospital for 9 or 10 hours, and you are tired and silly.......
These girls can share the food from Aaron's hospital trays in about 35 seconds flat. He is not eating yet, and I hate to see waste....so they take the tray into the lounge, and divvy it up....Paul and I hadn't had much to eat today at all, so he ordered a bacon pizza from the place on the corner, and when Aaron was all tucked back in bed, and dozing, we walked down to pick up the pizza, and ate it outside at the sidewalk tables....it is a beautiful, warm night, and it was nice.....then Paul walked us to the car, said goodnight, and went back in to stay with Aaron....I know the kids at home miss me, and I miss them too, but I do like being here for Aaron....if you have teenagers, especially if you have young children too, you will understand: there comes a point when, aside from money, meals, and transportation, they don't really "need" mommy anymore....sure, they talk to me, we try to keep things open, but I mean "need"....and right now, I can take care of Aaron a bit, and I am enjoying it.....I hate to see him in pain, but I am glad to wash his face and get him a drink....he is still my little boy, and I love him, and hardlly get a chance to show it....and I'll tell you something, when he's feeling better, and he reads this, he is going to kill me....
Yeah, so he got out of bed, two steps, and into a chair, helped by two nurses and daddy.....and there he sat, in such pain he almost threw up.....he sat for an hour, moved his legs a little, took a few drinks, then we got him back in bed.....they want to wean him a bit from the intravenous drugs, because the oral meds last longer, and don't make him as drowsy or queasy....but he hurts, so he keeps pressing that button! He needs to eat more, but doesn't want to....but he was awake and more alert a few times today, and he has a good attitude, so I'm sure he'll be fine. It is hard to see him suffer. When I say I enjoy taking care of him, I do, but don't get me wrong....I don't like to see him in pain....
Well, I need to rest.....I am sorry if this is boring and redundant...I cannot think of anything else to write about, because here I am....but one thing I know, when I get older, and all of the kids are moved out, and I have nothing to do, I would like to volunteer at a R.McDonald house.....

2 comments:

Cassandra said...

Della, what your writing is NOT boring or Redundant, i for one am so glad your keeping us updated !!!
Its sounds like getting out of bed was so hard for him (and you) but its a good start and soon he'll be up all by himself... keep writing and telling us how he is going, its not boring!

Cassandra xx

Lilium said...

thx 4 that boob shot mother.