summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

hard to leave him....

but I had no choice....he didn't want us to leave him...but I could not stay with Camille....and they wouldn't let Molly stay with him because she's under 18....I asked them pretty please, but they have to abide by the rules.....so, we said goodnight, left his glasses and mp3 player within reach, as well as Molly's phone, I told him to call me even if he didn't want anything....he is feeling alot of pain....and he's nervous about having the bar in. He's afraid that if he moves to much, it will shift...I assured him the dr. would have told us if that was the case, and I asked the nurse about it in front of Aaron, and she said she's never seen it happen....but I guess Mr. Computer was reading alot on the internet about the procedure, and found some things to worry about....he was not nervous or worried before the surgery, according to him, but now that it's over, I think he is in shock about how much it hurts.....it just was so hard to leave! Last night was different, he was in the ICU and the dr. himself suggested we didn't stay, as we couldn't very well get any sleep in there, and because Aaron was totally out of it last night....

Oh well, he knows we love him, and are only a few blocks away if he needs us....

It seems like I've been gone from home for a long time....I miss my little guys....

3 comments:

Cassandra said...

aw Della, i feel for aaron, poor thing, I cant imagine how hard it was to leave him even if you are only a couple of blocks away... I hope he starts to feel better real soon, My 2nd , Zac, has a depressed sternum too but its only very mild , when he was a baby it looked like someone had pressed a table spoon into his chest, but the size has kind of stayed the same as he has gotten older so its not as noticable as when he was a baby....
Anyway i also wanted to 'personaly ' say thank you for the comment you left on my blog, What you wrote meant so much to me so thankyou....

I hope you get some sleep tonight, i know you'll be thinking of Aaron...

Cassandra xx

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. Its so hard to leave them. But he probably fell asleep right after you left.

HUGS girl.

Heather

~Rhen @yestheyareallmine said...

I am so sorry you are being tugged in two directions. It must be hard. I am praying for you, Aaron and your family.
(((Hugs))) to you!