summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, August 3, 2008

home, home again, i like to be here when i can....

Okay, here is the big white van pulling the big white camper....almost 60 ft long, longer than the Wal-mart tractor trailer we saw....gas? ouch... Charlotte Claire loves camping...she brought some dollhouse stuff....

The beach at Cranberry Lake State Park....

Our campfires had rows..I usually ended up in the back....then when we put some of the younger ones in bed, I scored front row....

Abigail with Jonathan, Camile, and Charlotte Claire...




Mr. Joe on guitar....






Jonathan, 4 years 3 months, learned to ride a two wheeler, and let me tell you, it was rough on mommy.....one time, the road curved and he didn't....he careened into a 4 inch wide site marker and stopped dead.....if he hadn't hit it, who knows.....he scraped his leg a few times, and went over the handle-bars once, skinning his chin....but he was so absolutely thrilled....and he doesn't realize he has a girl's bike and helmet.







Joe has some reading time...








Joe and Paul (my husband) play their guitars on the beach....






Charlotte Claire and Jonathan....notice the steering wheel Jon has? He drives everywhere....











Molly, Emily, Jon, Kathryn, Sonja watch Samuel and Joe play in the sand...







Jonny was a brave boy!












Abigail looks like a movie star.....these kids went to the library and got a library card....












Joe and Sam really had fun....














The sky in the Adirondacks....the clouds seem so close....














Jonathan driving on the beach...














Camille....nice bikini!



















Charlotte Claire.....













And, here we are all packed up and ready to go home....



















I was following in the truck, and we took this picture as Paul turned the corner....it is hard to navigate.....

When we stopped on the way home for gas, and of course a bathroom break, I asked Paul if he minded if I got the kids a 99 cent slushie....no, he said, I don't mind....just hurry... Sure, I can get ten slushies in a hurry.....(they didn't all want one...)
It's nice to be home, but it was beautiful up there..I purposely didn't read any books, just let my mind clear.....I feel rested, but bombarded with dirty laundry....Adirondack camping is dirty.....the essence of my vacation was juggling Camille the incredible nursing baby, keeping Charlotte Claire in sight, and keeping track of who went where on their bikes.....



















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG you are so not allowed to go ANYWHERE ever again. I have missed you so much you have NO IDEA. Seriously, im not even kidding. I saw that you looked at my blog and i gasped outloud and then my mom laughed at me when i told her why.

And at supper with bobby i said "my friend della" and he was like "who?" and i said "oh my friend, della, she lives in new york and has 16 children" he was like WHAT? Then laughed when i said i knew you from online. I was saying that your kids barely just got out of school and catherine goes back wednesday.

YAY for a fun time, love the pictures, and tell everyone you are NOT allowed to leave for a week ever again!!!

Suburban Correspondent said...

The Adirondacks are so beautiful. I love that area!

Jennifer said...

Wow you are amazing! Looks like a great trip. That trailer is crazy long!! Glad you're home safe and sound!

Dreaming Star said...

OMG . That is like the same place we went to for the camp out when with the CT fellowship . I mean I have saw this post a ton but never really looked at it till' now . lol But we camped on the other side of the lake & instead of walking all the way around we paddled The whole way across . I have to say it was quit tiring lol . But I loved it . then we went to these lakes that were surrounded by the most beautiful mountains . (I have never seen mountains other than then ) & the water in the lake was SO cold it felt like you were swimming in ICE water . The people said there that it was at lest 300 ft. deep & that it could be a lot deeper because they have never went to the bottom .!!! And the nights we spent there (we had a tent ) but I sleep under the stars & I have to say that I Loved every second of it . That was some of the most beautiful things I have ever seen in my life . It inspired me so greatly but I don't think I could draw it if I tried . But try I will .