summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, August 17, 2008

my $500 cup of coffee

Well, today started out busy. Charlotte Claire was soaking wet, one of the younger ones changed her diaper, and and it was on too loose.....so she was wet. A bath for her. I set my coffee down on the table next to my chair, and over it went. Spilled right down onto my computer, which I kept in the box next to my chair. I grabbed the cup, but too late.....the computer was fried. Paul took it apart, but it had burned out....so, I went and bought a new one. I had been planning to bring it along when Aaron goes for his surgery, and when it fried, I was a bit lost. We have a desktop, that the girls watch Hannah Montana on, and Paul has his work computer, and his own laptop, Abigail has her college laptop, Emily and Ben have their own desktops (Emily just bought a new laptop, though)....anyway, I am spoiled having my own. It's hard to wait in line when I have a free span of time....

Emily is moving out in December, which is sad. But I am glad for her. She is planning to go to Norway for a year to be a nurse.....we are going to miss her so much. She plans on getting her own place when she returns home, but I think she might have to move back in until she saves up some money.....(hope, hope)....Some people can't wait 'til their kids move out.....but Emily is wonderful. I like having a blog, that I can write anything I want to on......I can brag about my kids it I want.....but the thing is, Emily is wonderful, and I cannot take credit for that. She is wonderful because she has been raised to trust God....she believes in him, follows Jesus, and remains faithful and pure....so, she gives of herself, serves the others, blesses without expecting anything in return. And for this I am so very thankful.

So, I went to Staples today and bought my computer. Aaron, Molly, and Camille went too. Then we went to Wal-Mart for flour and a cord for Abigail's computer (she is still on the couch, leg iced and elevated).....we got milk, juice, a few $3 shirts for the girls, some melons, tomatoes, licorice, baby food, but forgot the flour, and couldn't find the cord. But Aaron and Molly did get blue slushies, which Camille was yapping for.....she knows now when someone has something good. And she begs. Very convincingly. So, she had a bit of a blue chin....and the funny thing is, every single drink surprised her with the coldness....it was cute....she is turning into a parrot. She does her kitty noise, kkkkkkk, then says ,"hi!", and ma, ma, ma, ma.....she is such a monkey, I can barely nurse her most of the time.....she actually stands up on what I call her "hind" legs while she is nursing.....ya, ya, ya, ya, she says.....right now she is ripping up the newspaper, I hope everyone has read the real estate section.....she is pulling sections off the coffee table, and destroying it....and she just said, "hi!" again....
So, Tuesday morning bright and early we leave for the hospital for Aaron's surgery....I know I wrote about it before, but he has a depressed sternum....so he has to have the Nuss procedure done, pectus excavatum....a metal bar with a "u" shape in the middle will be placed behind the sternum, then flipped so the "u" pushes the sternum outward....the bar is then stitched to his ribs...and kept in for 3 years or so....5 days or so in the hospital...and I guess the latest plan is to bring Camille the incredible nursing baby with me, and bring Molly and Margaret along to help with her....

Well, Camille doesn't want to play with the newspaper anymore......

No comments: