summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, August 17, 2008

keepin' it real

I am borrowing this phrase from a friend's blog....and I have been thinking alot about it. It's kind of hard to sometimes say everything I want to because my older kids value their privacy....a few of them don't even want their names mentioned....so, about keeping it real....for me:

1: I struggle between 3 things usually, time for myself, paying attention to the kids, and cleaning up. I can't do all three at the same time. And the thing that is usually sacrificed is the time for myself.....which I honestly don't resent, but sometimes I am tempted to. Truth: today I saw several things around here that could be taken care of, but I decided to go outside in to the wonderful weather, sunny, fair-weather clouds floating by, breezy, and go in the hot tub with the little kids....and I cleaned up a stroller to take to the hospital with us (they get dusty)....I decided on the Peg-Perego Aria, light, has a tray, reclines....anyway, when I got back in the house, Camille was up from her nap, and my time was over....oh, in case you're wondering? Cleaning up a stroller is one of my favorite things to do, I have so many I am crazy.....

2: I tend to tune the kids out sometimes. And sometimes they realize that I'm not listening....and I feel bad...

3: I love to read the entire newspaper every morning. I can manage this somehow each day.

4: I read all the obituaries, and cry for the babies and children....it seems like the least I can do.

5: I run away from the projects I have to do around here by going out shopping and doing errands.....

6: I hate being interupted when I am cleaning.....

7: I love clean houses, but I am not so good at maintaining things, to say the least.

8: I see the way that I am, and I hate for people to think that I am more organized, or patient, or better anything than I really am. God gives me the strength and patience that I need, but other than that, I am nothing.

9: I love to laugh. I watched the movie "Saving Silverman" (with Jack Black) with my older kids the other night, and thought it was hysterical.

10: I have a weak conscience. I don't like hurting anyone's feelings. Putting my foot down about things with the kids is rare....


Well, I am tired.....

4 comments:

Enola said...

I LOVE your new picture! What a gorgeous family.

Enola said...

I LOVE your new picture! What a gorgeous family.

4in4 said...

Ditto - what a pleasure to find your blog. I have been reading some large family discussions online - I only have four children but I think having a lot of children is one of life's most beautiful blessings. I could have written this most recent post myself, every single one of them (with the exception of the morning paper) is true for me.

Bethany said...

#'s 1,2,4,5,6,7, and 8 all remind me of my Mom. Must be something to do with having a bunch of kids?