summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, August 23, 2008

this may be our last night here

The girls are so good with Camille, taking her out for some "down" time....and they like to relax in the shade, too....it was warm, humid, sunny here today, but with a nice breeze... She doesn't LOOK like a handful.....

silly girl....

pretty girl....

Aaron, showing interest in some tv....his oxygen off, his i.v. painkillers taken away, he's on his way to getting better...we got him out of bed 3 times today for little walks, and two of those times we got him in a wheelchair afterward and outside for some fresh air...he didn't want me to take a picture of that, though.....






After watching the Kenya guy win the marathon in Bejing, we said goodnight to Paul and Aaron, and headed back to the McHouse......Margaret accidentally knocked the menu wipe-board off the counter, and these crazyeye magnets fell out...so Molly had some fun...




silly girl....





Camille thought she was too funny....





Isn't this place beautiful? With 14 bedrooms and 9 bathrooms, we could fit very nicely here, our family.......










Here is the view from the second floor landing....





So, here we are, back at the house....Camille is sleeping, and once again, the girls are in the playroom....they didn't ask for quarters, so I guess they are tiring of the burping game...
This is quite an interesting city, huge.....we went to a grocery store today while Aaron took a nap, all six of us squished in the truck.....it was interesting in the store, because it is in a Hispanic neighborhood, and we were certainly in the minority.....I enjoyed it, and I think it's good for the girls....we live out in the country, and these guys don't even know how to cross a street.....it is a big big world out there, and I like to go out and see it every chance I get....If I were extremely wealthy, I would take my kids traveling all over....and when I do get a chance to travel, I like going to the grocery stores....you can really get the feel of an area by the grocery store.....in Norway, the clerks sat on high stools, like in Aldi....and many of the stores there aren't air-conditioned......it doesn't get hot enough often enough......anyway, on and I go, as usual.....
Thank you so sincerly, again, all of you who have thought of Aaron, and prayed for his recovery...he is doing much better....we still can't make him laugh, though....I am the worst perpetrator....when he got out of bed today to go for a shower, I remarked how it looked like the surgeon had added a few muscles to his chest, and oh my goodness, he stuck on a few hairs, too....MOMMMMMM........okay, okay, I'll shut up.....






3 comments:

Piper Paradise said...

Glad to hear he is doing better and seems to be on the road to recovery. And thanks for sharing all the pictures!!!

Cassandra said...

Thats awesome news Della, I am so glad he is feelng a little better i hope he continues to get stronger by the hour ;-)

I love the pictures too...

Cassandra xx

cheryl said...

The Ronald McDONALD House is certainly quite the place.. I wish you did have a house like that, but how could your kids resist gliding, sliding, down those bannisters??? And who would clean all those bathrooms, your maids?
Perhaps 9 bathrooms wouldn't get as dirty as 3?
Say hello to those girls and Aaron!