summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, August 16, 2008

a quiet and peaceful afternoon

Some of my nieces went to the beach today, and called Emily the nurse, who had the day off, and told her it was beautiful there.....so Emily the nurse, being the wonderful sister that she is, took all the kids to the beach! Almost all, she took M., Molly, Margaret, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, and Charlotte Claire. Ben has to work, Abigail is on the couch resting her leg, Joseph has a friend over, they are playing guitars, Aaron was mowing the lawn, and lazing around, and Samuel: celebrating his birthday! He has 5 friends over, and they are currently in the hot-tub. And Camille is sitting on the floor playing. So, it is peaceful and quiet.

I was planning to make some pizzas for the boys, and the rest of the family too, but #1: it is too hot in here, and #2: I lost all my helpers. Not that I can't make pizza by myself, or with Aaron or Joe to help, but I need to take a quick (ha, anyone who knows me knows that is a rediculous notion, me going to the store"quick") to buy some ice cream and root beer for the party (yes, we are good planners)....so I may as well stop at Little Caesers and buy 5 or 6 pizzas for $5 each. If you live near one of these places, consider yourself lucky. The pizza is good, the price is good, and even we can afford it once in a while. And having 5 boys over is equal to 10 girls, appetite-wise....and Joe's friend is equal to 5.....he is very tall and hungry....

Aaron has agreed to go with me to the store and pizza pick up. I am looking forward to it. I love the one-on-one time I get with these guys sometimes. I never go anywhere by myself. It would be a waste of good kid time.

Well, peace and quiet are over, according to Camille....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG i know. I was reading about this newyears baby that the parents got into a fight and she went to an aa meeting and he shook and the squeezed the young infant and he died later. It is so sad. I wish the hospitals would teach young parents, or new parents, or old parents, that its ok to get frustrated, that nothing can push you to the edge like a screaming baby, that you can't figure out what is wrong. And that it is ok to put them in their crib, shut the door and watch tv for 15 minutes, read, walk around the house, something, anything to calm down. The baby crying in their crib for 15 minutes will not hurt them but a frustrated parent can.

But it is hard out in public, i wish more people were like you and understood. Its just hard sometimes, and we need to uplift each other as mothers and not stare in judgement.

Anyway HUGS and i missed you :)