summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

he's in surgery now

and we are waiting in the nice waiting room, trying not to watch Dr. Phil counsel some wacko woman who decided she doesn't want her 10 year old adopted daughter who she has had since she was 4....

Aaron will be having an epidural in the upper spine, which will be in for a few days....so when he wakes up in recovery, he should be feeling fine.

We checked in at the R.McD house this morning, Molly, Marg, Camille and I, and my niece, who my sister so nicely allowed to come with us....she is very good friends with Aaron.....so far, we have had as much fun as you can have in this situation......they gave us this nice little pager, and when the surgery is through (2-3 hours), they will buzz us. Amazing. We went to Mc.Donalds for lunch....(I had a coupon).....and my niece ordered ONE thing from the $1 menu....well trained child, my dear sister....good job.

Paul is holding Camille, letting her play with a PEN....hmmm.....but I do want to write on here....

Anyway, the place we are staying is absoultely beautiful.....14 bedrooms and 9 bathrooms, plus playrooms.....very nice. We have a room with 4 beds and a crib, and the beds are Sleep Number beds! I cannot wait until tonight. I will take some pictures. The ladies who volunteer there are great. We are talking about having our youth group to volunteer at the one near us....like I said before, these houses are just amazing. If you have extra time or money, look no further...

Thank you again, sister. We like having her with us....we will try to behave ourselves....

And thank you for praying for Aaron. His quality of life will be greatly improved when this is all over with.......

3 comments:

Kim said...

I've been thinking of you guys all day. Praying and praying for Aaron.

Glad to hear you have some extra help (not that your girls need it of course).

Enjoy your beds at the Ronald McDonald house!

Hope you don't mind if I point out...if people want their contributions to benefit the houses the most, PLEASE donate DIRECTLY to the houses. The RMH charties foundation only provides about 15-20% of the houses' funding. The rest is from individual and corporation donations.

Ok...getting off my soap box now...sorry.

debi9kids said...

Thinking of and praying for Aaron.

Pam's Pride said...

Keeping Aaron and your family in my prayers!!
I totally get the big deal about the Mickey D's $1 menu!! Yes, well trained indeed!!