summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, August 25, 2008

i survived walmart, again...

this time with 7 kids, 11years old down to 2.....without Camille, it was do-able....with Camille it would have been do-able too, just screamier.....we went to the dentist (probably a little like I imagine hell would be, the dentist waiting room, complete with a water dispenser, and 7 kids, who are all very thirsty all of the sudden).....then to lunch at the Chinese buffet.....we had so much fun....the girls kept saying a line from a movie, then Jon said it wrong, and it was so funny....we could not stop laughing......their restaurant behavior is pretty good....even Charlotte Claire was good.....at one point she decided she wanted Jon's plate..I thought she wanted something off the plate, and she kept saying, "No, Jonny's plate!"...so, in the interest of peace, I gave her the whole plate....with Jon's approval, of course....he can be reasonable sometimes.....

Then we went to Blockbuster.....there is a new Bob the Builder Movie.....yay.....then to the dreaded Wal-Mart to get the dreaded school supplies.....I think I got everything except the index cards and the mouthguards......not too bad.....Margaret got sneakers, Evelyn some shoes, and Kathryn some shoe/sneakers....and I got them a few packages of Hannah Montana pencils, and some water colors for Jonathan and Charlotte Claire for when school starts.....

I never buy bologna, I think it's gross....I used to eat it as a child, now, yuck....but Suzanne saw it in the store, and wanted it....so I said okay....she carried it through the store, then fished it out of the bag as we loaded the van, and all the kids were eating it on the way home.....I just was amused that they like it so much.....Oscar Meyer knows what kids like, I guess.....I just think of it as salty, fatty, un-nutritional.....

Wal-Mart has such a good supply of fresh fruits and veges right now, at excellent prices....corn, 10 cents an ear....we got 35 ears, so everyone can have 2......tomatoes, peppers, peaches....I would love it if these things were yummy and cheap all year.....

1 comment:

Enola said...

Fried bologna - that's what my husband swears by.