summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, September 11, 2009

afternoon at our house....

Camille was fussy today, so I got out the baby sling. She loved it, but she is a bit big for it....she calmed right down, though. Mirielle likes it, so I told her she can have it someday if she has any children. Camille is still such a baby to me. Wishful thinking?
Today was going to be a staying at home day, except for going to get some corn. I did some sweeping and some laundry and some straightening and some picking up, and some singing to the children, and some feeding and cleaning up the children....then I decided to make chocolate chip cookies, since my sweet husband fixed the oven. I started getting things out, and discovered we were out of shortening, and almost out of butter. I never got the popcorn kernals the other day, and Mali still wants headphones (and Mali is sick with fever)...add that to some things Mirielle needed to get for activity club, and a trip to Wallyworld was a necessity. Then Paul's mom called, she had made us a pan of zucchini and sausage and tomatoes, yum, and had lots of homemade sauce for us.....I told her we were going out and about, so we went to her house after Walmart. (Camille did an awful poopy diaper there, and Charlotte Claire had to go use her toilet to poop. Can't they just be little angels at Gramma's house?)
Walmart was fun because the girls were really good. Charlotte Claire makes all the grammas and grampas in there smile. She hops around so happily, holding on to the side of the cart. I think she is really enjoying all the attention her and Camille get with the older ones at school. I have always enjoyed them, but now they seem just extra sweet and shiny. I absolutely love it when the school bus pulls up, except for how Rosie barks at it. The kids are so funny with their stories. Jon described the teacher's helper as "that old lady with the glasses who helps"...yeah, I know that one. And one of the kids on the playground is "that kid with the peanut-butter cup wrapper shirt". Like I know who that is.
Mali is sick. She has a fever. I hope it isn't the dreaded swine flu, otherwise known as H1N1. Which I don't like to call it, as it looks like it says "hiny", which is a slang word for rear end....anyway, a young pregnant woman from the next county over has died of complications from this flu. She had two year old twins, a one year old, and the newborn survived. How very sad. Included in the article about her were the usual precautions, and also the hints that the government wants people immunized. What they don't say is how many people suffer from bad side-effects from the shots. I wonder how much the pharmeceutical companies influence the press.......
I need to get up and get moving, again!!! Why do I even sit down at this thing? Dinner won't cook itself. Gramma made the wonderful sauce stuff, I just have to make some pasta. And do the dishwasher and set the table and put some stuff in the dryer....but I am sure I can find some helpers....and I will try to make it as fun as possible. And I will try to ignore the tent city that Jon and Charlotte Claire are building in the almost clean living room. Comforters, sheets, a cash register, a bag of pull-ups (for a wall)....oh dear. I had these visions of gathering everyone up for a fiveminute pick up before daddy comes home, so it looks like I haven't just gone to Walmart and sat on the computer all day. ha.
(but my walmart trip was a success, I got Evelyn a beautiful skirt for $2, and Margaret some leggings for $1!)

6 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Look at all those blondies! They are beautiful.

That whole swine flu thing makes me nervous, too. I know my husband is going to want to get the shots, but I'm scared to, especially with my baby and two year old.

AUTISMOMMA said...

I won't even get started on this flu vaccine! Why the pharmaceutical companies have to hype up this flu (yes, it's the flu and people die from it but they also die from regular flu too!) virus and scare the sanity out of people is beyond me. Why they feel they have to put mercury and cancerous animal cells in the vaccine is also beyond me. We will NOT be getting this vaccine.

Oops...I got started....UGH!

Having said all that, I'm very sorry to hear about this woman's death. That is very sad and a tragedy for those children and her family. Reading some of the things I've read, I have to wonder if she still would have gotten the flu had she gotten the vaccine, as many people are reporting is the case. :(

Sherah said...

I just want to say that reading your blog is like soothing balm for me BECAUSE it's such a refreshing spirit to have someone with as many children as you, who truly delights in your life and in them! That is how I WANT to be and how I am most of the time, but this is me now with so many little ones, and I see you "then" with alot of both. And it's awesome! So hopeful for the young moms like me to have older moms as such an example. I loved this: "I absolutely love it when the school bus pulls up," !! =)

mommeeof10 said...

Hubby and I will probably get the shot, though the kids may not. We both work in the Pentagon, 25,000 germy people surround us. We will all get the regular flu shot, as #5 was hospitalized with pnuemonia a few years ago. If the Dr recommends the swine flu shot, we may all get that, too.

16 blessings'mom said...

Sherah, I do remember so clearly the days when the kids were all young. My seventh was born when Emily, my oldest, was 9 years old. Most of the families here in our church were in the same boat, so there was much encouragment. It goes by SO fast.....(I honestly wish I could do it all over again...)

FLmom7 said...

I love the picture of Camille in the sling! Those slings are so great for calming babies (and toddlers, lol!).