summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, September 24, 2009

quick afternoon post....

I found my camera card. Apparently Mali doesn't have one, so she thought it would be a good idea to borrow mine. Great idea, but then I couldn't take any pictures today. And I would have liked to get a picture today of my sister and I. Because we looked oh-so-funny. Oh my goodness, I have heard the stories of the identical twins who meet for lunch and have the same kind of dress on, and had no idea each other even had that dress, ect. Well, today my sister picked me up, and when I climbed into her minivan, she was laughing her head off...yes, we had on the same exact shirts. I may have been vaguely aware that she had one like mine, after I got in the van I sort of remembered that she wore it before. But as I put mine on this morning, it did not even cross my mind. Since we were of course running late, there wasn't even the question of me going in and changing....so off we went, to the church mass, in identical shirts.

My brother thought it was hilarious. He introduced us to his relatives, "These are my sisters, the girls with the matching shirts..." I had sort of hoped no one would notice, ha. I felt like such an IDIOT!

After the mass, we went to visit Uncle Jerry but he was at dialysis. I had thought he was on a Monday/Wed. schedule, but he wasn't there. Rats. We brought him a bacon cheeseburger and a small order of fries. We left the treat with the receptionist with a note, hopefully we will get back there soon for a real visit.

We then went to our favorite bakery (everyone has a favorite bakery, right?), the one that smells like I am certain heaven must smell. It is a treat for the eyes, too. Chocolate cream pies and cakes and halfmoon cookies, cannoli and turnovers and pastries....they all look so good. The donuts there are only $6 a dozen, they are huge and fresh and yummy. Mirielle tried a chocolate chip cannoli today, and was pretty impressed. I forgot to sneak a bite. Then we went to Dunkin Donuts for some coffee to go with our donuts. Then a stop in Target. Ha, a stop. My sister and I together are so slow we go backwards. In no particular hurry, that is us. We looked and we talked and we fooled around and laughed and walked around and found bargains. I got backpacks for next year for 75% off, some school supplies for 75% off, a nice rug for in front of the sink, $9.98 instead of $39.98.....some flip-flops for the kids for 75% off, some nice baskets for their room, all hidden away for Christmas. It was really really fun, especially because Mirielle came along, and two of my sister's girls, Becky, who is 24, and Janet, who is 19 (she is only 18 days younger than Mirielle, and they are best friends)......

So now I am home and I am going to give these kids a bowl of cereal for dinner, I think. They polished off the donuts pretty fast, what was I thinking buying one dozen? Oh well. They aren't good for us anyway.

Tonight is Open House at the elementary school. Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, and Jonathan are in elementary school. So we have to leave in an hour or so to go to that. It looks like the girls all need their hair brushed again, and they have changed out of their school clothes. So I had better get moving, again....

No comments: