summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

rest time before dinner and kindergarten visit....

Our trip to the Salvation Army store was quite sucessful, according to this sweet little girl, Suzanne Eleanor..... Her gloves and heels were quite cheap, and very elegant....her dress is lovely too. It is not really a dress, it is a fabric-y shower curtain, the outer curtain. someone put it in my cart in BigLots a few years back. When we got home and looked through the bags, there it was, for $8. I never returned it, and Suzanne has discovered she can make several different dresses from draping it differently....After the thrift store, we stopped into Walmart, the 11 of us who went. I was a bit surprised when we were entering the store to realize that Suze had changed into her "new" heels. And I didn't realize she brought the gloves in until we were in the produce section, and I saw that she was wearing those, too.
Aaron is an excellent driver. But I swear I get more grey hair each time I am a passenger with a new learner.....at one point yesterday, he said, "Mom, would you stop!" I was like, Stop what? "Holding on and bracing yourself!" Today, he took a try at driving the van. He is doing pretty well.




This is for you, Joseph...Sonja with Kitten Force. She is well and healthy and fat and sweet. Kitten Force, that is....well, Sonja is too.


Kathryn Grace and Charlotte Claire.

I think we finished our school supply shopping today. I THINK. I hope. Jonathan's teacher wants him to bring two packages of washable markers. Hey, I have lots of other kids who need markers, I am only sending one. And two boxes of crayons, baby wipes, Lysol wipes, and a vinyl nap mat, which I bought for $8.88, now they went up to $13.88. ouch. And an art smock (old t-shirt), and glue sticks, and I didn't get the 4pack of playdough yet. So I guess I am not done yet. We have to go to the schoool in an hour or so for his kindergarten orientation. It is nice for the kids to visit their classrooms and see where they will sit next week. Wah.
We are having burgers for dinner, with tomatoes and pickles. And fresh veggies on the side. The kids had grilled hot dogs for lunch, I had a tomato sandwich. Joseph, we have a whole bunch of tomatoes, and it makes me miss you!
We took a nice cold swim in the pool this afternoon, and I feel lazy and refreshed. I could seriously take a nap right now. But then I couldn't start dinner and go over to the school.




4 comments:

KrustyLynn said...

oh, goodness! isn't is crazy to think that Jon is going into kindergarten?? MY MY how they grow!! Like weeds!!!

AUTISMOMMA said...

I am envious that your school allows Lysol wipes. Our schools only want Clorox wipes and the Lysol ones are the ones that ALWAYS go on sale and have coupons. GRRRR!!!!

Their excuse for wanting Clorox brand is that *supposedly* they don't have to run back over the surface with a damp cloth to rinse like they do with the Lysol wipes.

Pht....whatever!

Tereza said...

Our elemantary started doing kits where you pay a fee and they do the supplies!!! It helps me out so much!...it's enough to shop for middle school and my oldest got his own for high school.
I'll be doing the driving thing in just 1 year!! YIKES!!

Virginia Revoir said...

She looks so pretty in blue!