summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, September 20, 2009

jonny's staying home tomorrow....

He is still feeling awful...he has a headache and a slight fever. I feel bad for him, but I am glad he is staying home tomorrow. I don't have to wake him up and drag him out of bed. He really really likes school alot, Mr. Jonathan. He is especially fond of the long bus ride, dreaded and hated by his siblings. Jon says the bus driver doesn't put the bus into "park" when he lets people on and off, he just puts his foot on the brake. Good to know, Jon.

Paul's mother came over this afternoon, unexpectedly. If she called before she came, I would have cleaned up twenty or thirty things quick, and it would have looked okay in here. But instead, ouch. We have had a super busy weekend, gone all day yesterday, and I got up this morning and went to the church soccer tournament, day #2, with Camille, Charlotte Claire, Sonja, Suzanne, Evelyn, and Abigail. Mirille had already taken Samuel, Margaret, and Kathryn out there. I sold candy and helped my brother Bob with the grill. The kids lost their game, again. But they had tons of fun. When I got home this afternoon, I actually took a nap. I had stayed up sooo late last night, I was just worn out. I woke up from my nap with a wicked headache. So things were obviously piling up around here, but when the old head is pounding, who cares? Then Rosie started barking, and I went out to quiet her....and there was Gramma, coming up the driveway. Oh, I love her, and love seeing her. But, oh the five minute notice would be nice. The nice thing is, though, Gramma got new dishes and brought me over her old ones. A whole set of Correlleware. Oh, I am such a housewife, because I was truly excited! She brought us a whole stack of Corelle bowls, too!

Abigail's friend Stephanie is over for a visit. The hot tub is cranked up, and Mirielle made a homemade chocolate peanut butter bundt cake, which is baking right now. It smells heavenly. Camille is sitting on one arm of my chair, with,"Go Dog Go", and Jon is dressed in a furry lion suit on the other arm of my chair, all warm and feverish and huggy....so I have to put this computer away.

No comments: