summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, September 25, 2009

friday night

Rosie and Camille... Charlotte Claire and Camille like to go play in my room, where the things I stock up for birthdays and Christmas are hidden in my closet. Camille found a treasure. I hate to admit it, but I was very busy, and said she could have it. That is not teaching her much, but....it was only $1....

Tonight, there were 17 of us for dinner, everyone but Miss Emily Anne, who is in Norway. We had tacos and taco salad. 24 tacos, and lots of taco salad. It was such a fun dinner table, with Sonja showing us her spelling test and her neat writing, and Jon telling and re-telling the joke from his popsicle stick..and the big kids being very bad, fooling around and laughing. We had a roast the other night after dinner. Most of the younger kids had left the table. The rules of the roast are that each person gets a turn being roasted, and cannot defend him/herself. We also suggest not being too mean. So it went like this: Sam: I don't like when you have to do the dishwasher and you stand there complaining about every drop of food left on every dish, ect. And we go around the table, each person getting to give an exhortation. I didn't like my turn much. Aaron doesn't like it when I get too stressed. The other kids agreed. Ouch. I don't either. I couldn't defend myself, against the rules. The truth hurts. Oh, if I could live my whole life over again, I would be so much more careful about getting upset and mad. I really hate it, and my desire is that I can be patient and good when things get crazy.....

Well, Charlotte Claire and Camille are both in the bathroom, which is not a good thing. Tomorrow, apple picking! I hope I remember the camera!

1 comment:

Tereza said...

I hate them remembering mom getting mad too....but at the same time I know it's a process....and God has grace over my kiddos too....so that I don't screw them up!:):)