summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, September 24, 2009

leave my stuff alone already!

I haven't come out and said that, but....I just got my camera, thought I'd load some pictures..and: ta-da! No memory card. So I felt the little place where I was sure it would be in the side of my laptop. No memory card. The older kids are already headed to school, the younger kids have no idea where it is.

This morning I have no time to sit here blogging. My sister is picking Mirielle and I up in less than a half hour. We are going to mass for my brother's mother-in-law, who died last week. This brother is my younger brother, Casey. He has been hard hit by the passing of our parents. He lives five miles down the road from where they lived, and he was close to them, especially our mom. So I think losing his wife's mom is bringing back alot of memories. It is just a hard thing to deal with, so my sister and I thought it would be nice to go to the services.

After the mass, we are going to visit our Uncle Jerry. He is my father's younger brother. My dad had 11 brothers and sisters, some have died. I worked with Jerry's wife, M., several years ago when I was first married, for a year, in an insurance agency. I got very close to her that year. Well, two years after I worked there, she ended up dead. My uncle was charged with her murder. Apparently there was drinking and jealousy and a strangling. Horrible. My poor father was pretty upset. I mean, who wants to see their brother commit such a crime, and be sent to prison? My dad was the one who visited Jerry through the years, brought him money and ciggarettes. Jerry got out of prison a few years back, and now is doing very poorly. His son has never spoken to him all these years, and he has no one, nowt hat my father is gone. Jerry is in a nursing home on kidney dialysis. So, in honor of our father, my sister and I are going to visit Uncle Jerry. I just feel so sorry for him. I know from working with my aunt that they loved each other and had tons of fun together. Then at 36, she was gone. I am sure if he could go back and re-live that awful day, he wouldn't have done it. His anger won that day, and he has suffered his whole life for it.

So, I need to be brushing my long tangly hair and polishing up my shoes.....I have not worn anything but sandals and sneakers since like April....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think your family is blessed to have you. It's so important to bring hope, support and comfort to those who need it. Here is a story I love to tell in Sunday school (it's a true story). At the end of WWII a few american soldiers where in Germany, passing through ruins of a church. The only thing still standing was a statue of Christ, but his hands had fallen, and there was a card hanging from his shoulders that read : "I have but your hands". Reaching out to people in need isn't always about money.. The poorest are the poor in love.
It is not easy to fight against sin every day over and over again, but we can keep trying.