summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

made it through the day....so far!

These two are trouble. Sweet, funny, trouble. If you call getting on the table and peeling all the bananas and putting them in the water pitcher sweet and funny. They dumped out baskets of toys in Charlotte Claire's room, they got into the soap, they went in my room and opened some Christmas presents (no, they weren't wrapped yet, they opened them from their packaging), they pulled clothes off hangers in there, they turn on the treadmill and run fast on it, which is not allowed at all. The dumped Special K in Evelyn's room, and they started ripping books. Why? I do not know. They filled these laundry baskets with books and toys, and since these pictures were taken, they dumped all the stuff in the cage, and now are coloring. At the table, on paper. For now. They love playing in Rosie's cage, it is so funny. To them it is like a little house. Rosie has been nice to Mali since I have been trying to be present when they are together, because Rosie listens to me 89% better than she listens to Mali.
















So we went downtown today to get Joseph's permit, finally. I parallel parked the big van (well, sort of, I found a drive up spot), and we prepared to get out. I asked Joseph if he had his I.D. and s.s. card. Oops! He forgot it. So we had an hour to burn before the dentist app't. I didn't want to go get the milk and groceries because it might spoil. So we went to DunkinDonuts and got a medium coffee for me, with cream no sugar, yum, and $1.99 Coolattas for the five kids I had with me. And I ordered a 50 ct. box of Munchkins,(hey, if I'm putting coffee on the charge card, I may as well get donut holes, ouch) and the nice lady filled up with at least 75. It felt 19 dollars worth of frivolous, but it sure was a sweet way to pass the time. And they appreciated it.
After the dentist, we went to Walmart for the oil change. What an expensive oil change! I got milk and bagels and tortilla chips and chicken breast and some tank tops for the girls, and a few t-shirts for the boys and some socks for Jon. Everything I buy is cheap cheap cheap, but boy, things are expensive if they aren't on clearance. And even cheap stuff adds up and scares me at the register.
We got home to the roast beef ($1.99 a pound), baked potatoes, and roasted carrots being taken out of the oven. Mirielle and Mali put them in for me while we were gone. Now that was nice! It was such a yummy dinner on a cold rainy evening. And it was good to connect with everyone, too.
The evening has been sooo busy. Homework, notes to teachers for absences, bed-time stories, Charlotte Claire peeing on the kitchen bench, Rosie peeing on the floor because she had been in for a while, and I thought she should go out, and when Aaron tried to get her to go out, she just looked at him, so he picked her up while chastising her for not listening, and she peed. I have to go through these piles and pull out the burned stuff before the cleaning people come tomorrow. It seems wierd that they are going to wash all these clothes. I wish they had just replaced them. We have lunches to make, and clothes for tomorrow to find....
And I am tired. Mali is going to put Charlotte Claire to bed for me. Camille took a nice nap, so she isn't quite ready. But she magically turns into an angel when Charlotte Claire goes to bed.





6 comments:

Virginia Revoir said...

I wonder.... does your family give you a hard time about how many kids you have. Mine do! I have so much family who is mad at me and I only just had my sixth kid! When I had little Caleb, only my mom and dad called. My sister and my husband's family are quite upset. :( So I wonder if anyone gives you a hard time also like they do with me.

little things said...

Sounds like some days around here...It's like the little kids wait for me to turn my attention for 1 second & they have a bunch of tricks ready...Well , we can say we are never bored...wishing you courage in your cleaning up & sorting...

16 blessings'mom said...

Jenny, congratulations again on sweet little Caleb. It is beyond me how someone could be mad at that! But people are strange, when you go beyond what is "normal", they "worry about you", and maybe worry that people will think they're wierd too, just by association. My mother-in-law couldn't really understand us through the years, and even said things a few times, but we were firm and gentle with her, and she really has been gracious about all the kids. Your comment made me think of my Great Aunt Kate. She raised my mother, and hated it that my mother had six kids. When she got pregnant for #7, A.Kate said she was not buying any more gifts for the kids, and she was just plain sick of it, ect. Well, #7 was my baby brother Casey, and he was Aunt Kate's favorite. She spoiled him rotten, in spite of herself. And Jenny, don't say "only my sixth kid", six young children is a big crew! Even these days with three and four kids being a little more "acceptable", six is beyond most people's reasoning. I, of course, think it is wonderful, you are very blessed, and just the looks on your kids' faces as they gaze at that baby....you are the smart one, they...well, I don't want to say anything bad, but they are missing out on all the fun and blessings.

Shari: I am pretty sure my little girls are doing all their tricks for attention. Camille just does what C.C. does for the fun of it, but Charlotte Claire certainly does things for attention. I try to minimize my reaction, if I can, so she gets more positive attention than negative. But that is NOT always easy when she has washed her hands in the girls lip gloss. And painted their walls with it...and where was the mom?

Virginia Revoir said...

Thank you for your encouragement. Boy, I was in need of a big dose of it. Just 3 days prior to me having Caleb my sister called me and told me to go get a job and stop popping out kids. It broke my heart so I cut off that relationship for awhile.

I'm having so much fun with my newborn that it's hard to imagine stopping! Each stage is so neat. But I love that little baby stage where you can snuggle them forever and they don't protest. :D

Sherah said...

I was thinking of you this morning while trying to get the four children (10, 8, 7, 5) up & out the door. Also trying to deal with the 3,1, and newborn children...it was really overwhelming for me and I was almost ready to cry! And then the "poor me" guy came knocking on my door and I thought about you. How much more chaos there must be in your home in the mornings with all those girls at the age of wanting to wear this or that, and expecting mom to have it all ready.

Today was picture day and Rachel (10) wanted me to curl her hair! Imagine. I really wanted to, so much, I know how important it is to look good in the 5th grade especially for pictures. =( So I felt bad about that.

Anyway, thanks for your example of loving your life in the midst of imperfection. =)

little things said...

You are probably right about the attention thing...but sometimes it is pure curiosity & mischief...I'm amazed at their inventive minds & I know it's a wonderful gift to have.. it just takes training & consistancy...sounds easy, huh...Even on the days when I feel like I'm " going round the bend" I love 'em to bits & wouldn't trade 'em for quiet. Usually it helps me to slow down & sit down...but in the midst of a mess like a fire it isn't possible...