summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I survived the first day of school....

And so did they.. the first trip kids, Samuel, 8th grade, Aaron, 11th grade, Mali, 10th grade, and in the front, Kathryn 6th grade, and Margaret, 7th grade...they didn't love getting off the bus and having me take their picture, but...they survived. These two sweet little girls in their froggy boots were hopping around our yard today....


Hey Joseph over in Norway: Rosie can shake! She does it every time now! (notice how she is in like all the pictures? she thinks she is a people)
Charlotte Claire and Camille with Rosie-pup.





I DO like those froggy boots.




And finally, bedtime for Camille....she looks so sweet and cuddly in her new-to-her pajamas from the Salvation Army store...I washed them, and they were warm and smelled good....her big brothers did not want me to put her to bed yet, and it was almost eleven...don't get me wrong, I don't count the hours 'til bedtime...but today, I was okay with saying goodnight. She had four showers today. FOUR! Two were for pooping and taking off her own diaper and making a nice mess of it. One was for the cinnamon and sugar dip mommy so nicely (and stupidly)gave them for their apple slices...she was pretty sticky. Then one for the packet of sugar free drink mix Charlotte Claire dumped on her head. Why do they do these things? I told Charlotte Claire not to make such messes anymore, and she said she wouldn't. Hmm. I don't totally believe her, but I do think she will try not to. Oh, and during one of the showers, Charlotte Claire poured body wash over Camille's head, and it went in her eyes...she just screamed....I think that made Charlotte Claire feel bad, which is okay. So Jon liked school. He said the teacher was nice, and Davianna fell asleep at rest time, and two girls didn't bring their lunches, and he played with Toby on the playground, and a girl kept kicking him at lunch. Okay. I am especially glad he is a talker....he filled me in pretty good...as opposed to those kids who go to school, and finally walk in the door, and I bug them about what they did, and they just say, "nothing"....okay, you went to school all day and did NOTHING?
Well, I am absolutely falling asleep here....long day...tomorrow Mirielle and I want to go someplace with the little girls....someplace where Camille won't need four showers......





1 comment:

Virginia Revoir said...

Your kids' blonde hair is utterly gorgeous!