summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

how could one be happy about this?

Oh, Jonathan is certainly cute today....his first day of school. His big sisters were so sweet to him this morning. Sonja is next to him wearing her new school shirt that I got for her yesterday, TJMaxx, 50 cents. Evelyn, 4th grade, Suzanne 3rd grade, Sonja second grade, and Jonathan kindergarten. (I can't help but think Robert would have been in first grade).....(but then we wouldn't have Jon...so I can't even think about it...)(but it does come to mind) Anyway, they are sweet and happy, and mommy had to wait 'til they got on the bus to cry....




Rosie was all excited too, she knew someting was going on....she wanted to get the kids all dirty. I didn't get a picture of the older kids this morning, I forgot. We did have a very encouraging discussion before they left though. I reminded them that this is just part of our journey through life, that school is just another trial, and to remember to fight against those spirits of feeling like they don't belong, and the feelings of wanting to be something. I started to sing them a church song that goes something like, "We are not of the earth, no our home is above...." Sam immediately mocked me, (I sing terribly), but Aaron (bless his heart) said, "You guys, she's right." That melted me and made me want to jump up and down.....just think to head off to high school with the right attitude....to know that it is Him you serve in the midst of everything. That is worth all the money in the world, and has made me a very happy mommy this morning. Despite my sadness of seeing them all go.....


After they all got on the bus, I sat down comfortably with my strawberry mini-bagel and coffee, and started to upload my pictures.....then Camille started yelling, "Mommy, Daddy, Sonja!" over and over....I ignored her for a bit, I am ashamed to admit.....during the summer, the kids would fight over who went and got her out of her little green bed....anyway, I learned my lesson: as soon as I started down the hall, I smelled it....I opened the door, and was greeted with, "Ah poops!", which in Camille-language means, "I pooped!".....and removed the diaper....oh joy....a shower for her, and a load of laundry for me. Now Charlotte Claire is up too and they are rattling around like two peas in a pod....Mirielle is also home, but she hasn't made her presence known yet this morning. Abigail went to work, first day!
Okay, I gave them breakfast, and cleaned up the hand sanitizer that Charlotte Claire thought would be fun to decorate herself with....now Camille came out of their room covered in lemonade powder...where do they come up with these fun ideas? I think I am realizing that having a two year old and a three year old is not going as easy as I thought. Sad thing is that if I hadn't had that miscarriage, I would be having a baby in a month or two....wah. I don't dwell on it, but it does come to mind....
Charlotte Claire says daddy is nice because he "gurned "on her light last night, 'cause she couldn't sleep....so she feel asleep with her light on....she also says she is going to "gool" next year with her monster backpack, and she won't be gone for just an hour, but "GIX" hours. (6, that is).......
Rosie almost got on the bus with the first trip kids today, Aaron pushed her back...I was calling her, but she only listens when she feels like it. Fortunately, she usually feels like it.
She is barking right now at someone visiting the neighbors...she requires so much attention....I better go get her....



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I wish my mom would have encouraged us like this when I was a teen. What a great way to start school. I was so miserable in junior school! It is so nice of you to take the time to talk with them, and ignore the ache of mocking.. I think this is just a teen's defensive mode, because acknowledging you are right is difficult when you're a teen. It's just part of the deal to exist in contrast of your parents. And also this is serious stuff, and they get all nervous and giggly about serious things.
I don't want to say you're an example, because you would blush and say no, but I hope one day I'll have kids, and I 'll love them this much, and raise them with love for God.

Karen said...

Oh I find your blog so encouraging. My 2-year-old is always getting into everything! and the (almost) 1-year-old is fast becoming very mobile...glad my kids aren't the only ones getting into stuff! :-) Yesterday the 2yo got into the "nail hole filler". Lots of white stuff all over the counter and flowers and I keep finding more at various places.

Emily said...

I am so sorry for the babies that you lost through miscarriage. My mom lost my younger sibling four (or was it five?) summers ago and I can't help but think of them once in awhile and how our lives would be different if we had that young child in our lives.

Praying for your peace and strength.

Cassandra said...

What a great mom you are to encourage them like that... Too funny about rosie trying to get on the bus ! And i loved your title, so true... But at least jon had a good day :-)

Cassandra xx