summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

wow, busy day today...

It started bright and early because Rosie-pup had a very important date, with the vet. She cannot have puppies now, wah....but it seemed like the responsible thing to do...so...we dropped her off there, and went to the farmers' market for Concord grapes, apples, peaches, cukes, squash and tomatoes, yum. We then went to BJ's to get diapers and wipes in the big boxes. Then to the dollar store, where I miraculously didn't buy anything. Next stop, BigLots for some cheap snacks. And a cheap watch for me, I have been going crazy....I went in the pool one day last week, and when I realized I still had my watch on, I tossed it out near the fence....I wonder if Rosie got it....it was a Timex, if you're old you know they take a lickin' and keep on tickin'....but it is gone....I cannot function without a watch. Anyway....home.....then out and about again...I did go to the cemetary today to "visit" my parents, and yes, I cried my eyes out. The brilliantly beautiful blue skies with the fair weather clouds floating in the breeze....oh, it is so not fair.

We went to Kohl's for sneakers for Aaron, they were too expensive, wrong time of the year for sneaker shopping for us. He said he will make due for a while with the old ones. Then to the grocery store for just a few things, then to DunkinDonuts for a coffee, and a couple Chai Teas. Then to Blockbuster, then to the pediatrician for a dTap shot for Kathryn to get into sixth grade, state law. Then on to pick up Rosie from the vet. Then back to the dollar store to buy a leash for Rosie. Her other one is in Ben's truck. And she has to be restrained for 4 or five days while she recovers from her surgery.

So, home to cook chops on the grill. Mirielle made the salt potatoes and some yellow squash simmered with tomatoes, and fried zuchini. Paul, Mirielle, and Aaron had to go to a song mission meeting immediately from the table, and Abigail left with Margaret and Renee for a girls' gathering.....I was left with the clean up and the mayhem. Mali is here too, and she is starting the teeth-brushing fun for me....Camille and Charlotte Claire had big naps, rats, and are full of fun and energy, but Jonathan, Sonja, and Suzanne should start heading to bed. Tomorrow night is kindergarten information night, (like I need it, sending my 14th child to school), and classroom visitation. It will be special for Jonathan though, I need to see it through his eyes. Everything new and fascinating.

Tomorrow is Wednesday, which is half-price day at the Salvation Army store. Suzanne has $46 and requested to go there to look at the high heels. It is their favorite store. Purses, shoes, books. And we can actually afford them!

And, the day after that we have BIG plans!!!! We get to go to the amusement park after all!!! Listen to this deal: $29.95 per carload for admission!!!! I actually called and asked if a 15 passenger van filled with kids qualified, and the lady said YES! My niece also called and got the same answer. I guess when you pay the $8 for parking, they write how many are in your vehicle. One person per seatbelt, so we couldn't squish like 17 in. Anyway, we are excited. We are bringing our lunch and dinner, and snacks and drinks, which I bought today. Even if the park is crowded, it is a great deal, $2 each for all the rides and water park.....I might even try a roller coaster this time. hmm.

Today at the farmers'market, a nice old man who sells apples , whom I didn't know, remarked that my girls were all growing up. I told him I still had some little ones, maybe he was mistaking me for my sister who has seven girls, and he said, no, I remember both of you with your children, year after year....and he told me quite sternly to remember how blessed we are with all of our children, he wanted a family like that and couldn't have one. He was kind and sweet and I want to adopt him. How do I go about that? When I was a little girl, I wanted a gramma and a grampa so badly, like my friends had. They had all passed away. Except for my mother's daddy, who lived in Takotna, Alaska. I always hoped he would move back here and be my dream grampa, but he died quite a few years ago, and that was that.

Well, I need to get some kids in bed soon....and for some reason, I am a bit tired tonight. And no, I am not pregnant. Mali and Aaron begged me today to have another baby. We were in the waiting room at the pediatrician, and I was reading BabyTalk, and they started begging. They are pretty funny, PLEASE mom. PLEASE!....um, it is kind of awkward, guys, seeing that you are my teenage children, but I AM Trying! Well, not exactly TRYING, but, ever hopeful anyway....

I was sorely tempted to bring home two sweet orange tiger kittens from the vet's office. They are free to a good home. We do not need two sweet orange tiger kittens, and we speculated that that may just be the LAST straw with daddy. But, such blissful little kitties! It is probably a good thing that I am married to a sensible and practical man. And probably a good thing that he is also understanding of my LACK of sense and practicality.....but I don't want to push it....(but if he said yes (I did ask, and he just assumed I was kidding), I would SO go get those kittens...)

Oh yeah, and this evening has been a barrel of fun with Miss Rosie...she has barfed three times. She perked up for a little while, I took her outside, she went to the bathroom, came back in, barfed, and went back to sleep. Poor puppy. I have just been trying to make sure the kids stay away from her, because she has stitches and is probably pretty sore......

6 comments:

Virginia Revoir said...

yeah, busy! you always have so much to write about. :)

We love thrift stores and I only have 5 kids. I used to be picky until I realized what nice stuff I can find without spending all that money.

Kerry said...

Oh my goodness, what a great deal on the amusement park. What park is this? That rate is pretty much the only way I could afford to take my kids, and I only have a fraction of what you do!

cheryl said...

Interesting that you went to the cemetary.. did you read Claire's facebook thoughts? Wah..
I hope Rosie is feeling better, I guess one misses's a lot when they keep them overnight at the vet's..
How did you not buy anything at the dollar store? I actually waited in the van the other day in order to NOT buy anything..

Mike and Katie said...

whew. i'm tired just reading that! that's awesome about the amusment park!

And your teenage boys begging you to get pregnant. Wow! Love it!

I was reading a discussion board that was talking about how aweful must be for the Duggar children to have so many siblings, but clearly your kids enjoy the new babies, too.

New babies are like chocolate, you can never get too much!

Have you ever had morning sickness? Mine has lasted for the entire pregnancies and so far this one, too. It's really kicking my butt. Ugh. I'm eighteen weeks.

16 blessings'mom said...

About thrift stores: the kids have caught on that they are WAY more likely to actually GET something when we go there as opposed to Walmart or Target. And the amusement park is SixFlags Darien Lake. And Cheryl, how could I go to the 1$ store and not buy anything? I had just spent over $100 at bjs and was feeling sick about it....plus, I had no cash and writing a check isn't worth it for just a few things. And Katie, morning sickness, oh there's nothing like it. For me it has always been a strong indicator that things are going well with the pregnancy though. So I hated it but loved it.....yeah, I have tossed alot of cookies through the years.....

Debbie said...

you are always busy...I get busy just reading you post...out local amusement park does that too at the end of the year!