summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, September 18, 2009

friday morning...

Eight of the kids went to school today. Jonathan was all dressed and ready and happy to go to school, when I noticed he sounded sort of hoarse. He seems a bit stuffy, so I kept him home. The schools around here supposedly have the kids wear a mask if they have flu symtoms until they can be picked up, and I didn't want that to happen to Jonathan. He tends to be a Rosie-rabble-rouser, so it has been crazy in here. They both are immature and don't know when to stop.

Today, we have to go to the big nice store that is 45 minutes away. I haven't been there in a while, and we are in need of a few supplies. This weekend is our church soccer tournament, and a church feast . There are almost 700 people registered. Our fellowship will be making the dinner for everyone, that is what the cookies are for. We will also run the candy store/grill for the morning hours and lunchtime. It will be a busy day tomorrow, and I need to have plenty of drinks and snacks for our kids, especially the soccer players. In our family, just Sam, Margaret, and Kathryn play. The cut off age is 16, so Aaron is too old, and Mali can't play because of her asthma/breathing problems. We never win, our team is awful, but the kids have fun. A few years back they won the Good Sportsmen award, that was nice. They are so awful that when they so much as make a goal, we go crazy. We are ever hopeful that maybe this time they will do all right......

My son Joseph is coming home next week. I guess he might try to get his work visa and go back for a year. I don't know if that is what he wants to do, or try art school or something. Either way, it will be so so nice to see him again. I personally think it is a cruel trick that the children that I give my life for, pray over, nurture, love, entertain, feed, cuddle and love have to grow up and leave me. Oh, I know they aren't really mine, I am just entrusted with their care, they are God's. And when they grow up in respect of Him, I am truly thankful. It just hurts to miss them so. How on earth can I possible love so many kids, all boundlessly and intensely? I don't know, but I certainly don't miss the ones who are gone any less because I have so many at home. But then again, maybe a little less. I DO have alot of kids here to cuddle and talk to ......hmm. Just kidding Joe and Emily. They are both adults now, so they probably think I should grow up too, and stop missing them so much......

Well, time to go and dress the kids and get them ready to go shopping....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! I have a hard time dealing with one child. :) Can't wait to read more of your blog. :) You must be super woman.