summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of july

It is beautiful weather here in the Northeast....mostly sunny, breezy, not humid, high seventies....just right...the pool is a bit cold....and the filter is a bit broken...oh, happy homeowners, us. It just needs a new switch....but who wants to go in to the city on the 4th of July? We spent a lot of time outside today, in the sun and in the water....now is the afternoon down time, Camille is awake, but Charlotte Claire the busy one is taking a nice nap....8 of the kids are watching a Barbie movie, Paul is playing guitar, Emily the nurse just came home from being a nurse.....

I love these days at home....Ben went to work delivering pizzas, and Joe, Aaron, and Sam are at their friend's house with a bunch of boys...good boys....playing basketball, video games, staying out of trouble....(thankfully)....

We plan to have a nice dinner outside, burgers on the grill...I'm not sure if we'll go through the trouble of going to see any fireworks tonight...I could take them or leave them, and the kids haven't mentioned anything...maybe we can have a fire and roast marshmallows instead....

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. When I am in here doing work, I wish I was outside....then today I was outside, sitting in the sun after getting out of the pool (one of the absolutely most wonderful things ever invented), and I mentioned I would like to go in the house and get some things done....one of my dear daughters pointed out that when I am in the house I always wish to be outside.....so: I will work on being content....it is okay to have a goal to do something, but when I am annoyed when it doesn't work out, or takes so long.....then I have to just knock it off and be content. And I need to mention: I have so much to be thankful for...things don't always go my way, sometimes I am tempted to feel sorry for myself....oh poor me, no-one understands....why do I work so hard with nothing to show for it? But no, no, no!!! This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it! I need to be careful what thoughts I listen to.....because it is not what is happening that determines my happiness, it is how I take it!!! Well, I hope you all don't mind when I encourage myself like this, I need it. God has given me everything I need here....so I won't be complaining and unthankful.

1 comment:

Tereza said...

I truly wish we were neighbors! Now that would be so fun and we could remind each other of the grass is greener syndrome!!! I suffer from it terribly.