summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, July 25, 2008

goodbye for a while.....

Unless something really interesting happens today, this will be my last post until we get back from vacation in the Adirondacks....

Today has been kind of busy, I vacuumed the camper again, and packed some stuff....I am not finished yet, but I took a break and went in the pool (cold, but clear and nice), and the hot tub,(hot, but needs chlorine)....and sat in the lovely breezy sunny back-yard to drip dry for all of five minutes when Aaron brought Camille out....he and Joe were tired of her....the sun felt so nice, but all I could think of was how she is too little for the sun, so I went in the house, and as I predicted, I haven't been back outside since....rats! Oh well, I have stuff to do anyway....more important than this, but oh well....

I have to take Kathryn to the dr. this afternoon, she has an ear-ache, probably swimmer's ear...I tried to cajole the dr. into just calling in some anti-biotic eardrops, but no....he needs to see her, especially since we will be out of town...so 18 miles each way, to the dr. we will go....

Our new dog must have moved on....which is sad, but I hope he went home....we wouldn't want to keep a dog who wandered anyway....

Why do kids like to bug each other? Why can't they just stop, and get along? Why do they have to argue? Why do they slug/slap each other? Why do they blame each other? I am going to keep track this week of how many fights they have....and how much time they spend actually arguing....It may be that it seems like more fighting than it actually is because we don't take notice when they are playing nicely....the older kids can't stand it when the younger ones are bratty......so I really want the younger ones to be good so the older ones will like being all together....aah.....the peacemaker, me.

Seems we only have a few working bicycles....they are made pretty junkily (is that a word?) these days...when I was little, a Huffy was made in U.S.A. and lasted for years and years...we have a lot of bikes, but things are broken on them....and I certainly can't go out there and fix them...and I am not compelled to go buy more Wal-Mart bikes that will break....I bought Mariel a $15o Target bike for graduation, and the gear thing busted after just a few days....we took it back....so camping, they will have to take turns....

If I won the lottery, I would buy them each a really nice bike.

I'll try to take some good pictures of this camping trip.....and, if you're passing through the Adirondacks, and you see a whole bunch of kids, and two bewildered parents in town having pizza, that's us, spending my birthday money!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh I hope you have a great time!! You deserve a very relaxing vacation! If that's possible....

Martha said...

Have a wonderful time! I have never been camping in the Adirondacks. My parents always said they should take us there but somehow we always ended up someplace else. We did camp in the mountains in Vermont, drove through the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia, spent a wonderful week in the New Hampshire mountains, and some great times at the coast in Maine. I wasn't deprived or anything.

Bicycles, our Schwinns and Huffies lasted and entire childhood and were passed on from or to cousins and younger siblings. I am also tired of broken bikes (and shattered helmets too).

See you soon!

Martha said...

I finally made it to Fair Have on Sunday! It was gorgeous.