summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, July 11, 2008

friday, going and going

I had some things to go out and do today, and brought M., Abigail, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, and Camille.....as we were backing out of the driveway, Jonny was standing there looking sad, waving....so, I turned around and picked him up and brought him....as we drove away, he was saying how it was the happiest rainy day he ever went bye-bye in a long time...(I try not to bring him all the time, because he gets focused on something he wants, like batteries, and won't drop it...and he has so much more fun at home playing) we went to the movie store, got 10 dvds for only $8 because we get a free rental for every 6 we rent....then to the grocery store.....plums, strawberries, apples, bread, milk, cheese. Then we went to visit my sister in the hospital....the kids were really good there....they didn't want to leave! They love their aunt. Now, my kids have mostly been to this hospital to visit when I have a baby, so naturally Jon thought......he told me he had a great idea when we were leaving...he said we would come right back as soon as Aunt had her baby......great idea Jon, she would love that, but she is sick, not pregnant.... she is feeling a bit better, but needs some more tests....

Paul and I went out to dinner about a half an hour after I got home from shopping...we went with D. and A., some very good friends.....we first went to vistit a friend who lives in an assisted living complex, she is very old, and very sweet, she hasn't lost her edge. She is English, and was born and raised in India, lived in Calcutta during WWII....her father was a railroad man...she has lived here in the US for over 60 years.....she is so much fun...it is rough on my soul to see her getting old in body....her hands shake, she can't walk very well.....it was great to visit with her....then we went to a nice Chinese buffet, talked and ate for a few hours.....had some hot tea, and headed home....Miss Camille was watched primarily by Aaron, and did fine without me....which honestly a little painful, but nice.

Oh, the puzzle is done....we need to start another one.

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

Jon sounds so cute, I know what you mean about them getting focused on something though and not wanting to give it up, Yesturday Andy carried a Diego nintendo game all around Target and then screamed when i took it off him... We dont even have a nintendo!!! Its cute though, must be a boy thing, Oh and i love the gifts you got for your birthday especially polly pocket, i LOVE polly pocket ;-) and your girls singing is priceless, they made me smile....