summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

dmv, again....

Well, we (Joe, Aaron, Molly, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and Camille) went bye-bye today....I dropped Joe and Aaron off at the dentist, then took the others to the dept. of motor vehicles to register the camper....then we walked down to the dentist to wait for the boys...then walked back to the dmv to get Joseph's learner permit...(my fifth driving child? wow.) (Only 3 have their licenses)....but realized when he started filling out the form that he didn't have his s.s. card, or number..so we went to the grocery store......Now, teenage boys do not like the grocery store. They do however like the things that come from the grocery store. Joe walked around with those stupid headphones on, his mp3 player, and Aaron carried Camille (he said he would carry her if I hurried)....Now, little boys, at least my little boy, likes to ride in carts, car-car carts, in particular. This grocery store is very crowded and busy, and today we said no car-car-cart.....so of course he had to sit in the back of the cart, with Charlotte Claire sitting properly in the front.....this caused the following problems: I had to stack the groceries around him, and HE KEPT BUGGING CHARLOTTE SO SHE WOULD SCREAM!!! What fun...anyway, I was nice and bought them a huge, really huge inflatable turtle for the swimming pool....which nice Molly blew up when we got home.....they are in the pool right now..Charlotte Claire missed her nap today, and she is a real prize....she couldn't wait to try this out... I think Miss Charlotte Claire looks so pretty in this dress....can you believe she pinches people? And laughs?

Tonight Mariel and I are going to the real grocery store, for a real shopping trip....today's stop was just to get a few things ($84 worth of a few things...) So I have to make some dinner, and get moving again....I was supposed to go last night, and put it off, now Camille's better, so I can't procrastinate again.....
I think Charlotte Claire is a beautiful name....Claire is the name of one of my favorite nieces....but my kids: they call her Oda. Always....I am the only one who doesn't, even Paul sometimes calls her Oda, though I think he tries to calle her Charlotte. Oda Nobinaga...a Japanese warlord.....the boys started calling her that when she was a chubbyfaced baby, and boy did the name stick....and Camille: Mansa-Moosa.....what it means, or where it's from, I do not know...but she is Mansa....I pretend I don't know who they are talking about when they refer to them by Oda and Mansa, but I cannot stop them....I have almost called them Oda and Mansa myself, but I refuse.....the kids get a real kick, a big laugh at me when I accidentally do....

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

Ha! so you have a pincher as well? the kind who looks so sweet and innocent too.... hehe