summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, July 14, 2008

does anyone like the department of motor vehicles?

It didn't seem like it....we are helping our son out with a car....he hasn't had the best of luck with cars...and we live 15 or 25 miles from everywhere, so a kid needs a car for a job, and a job for a car....and he commutes to college....anyway, he works very hard, and is paying for the car...he put it on the road today, and the dmv clerk accidentally charged him too little or NYS sales tax.....she was upset, she made a mistake....she called here begging him to come back...short version: I made a trip to the dmv, 15 miles away, to pay the difference.....(he was fixing the brakes on this wonderful new used car!)....anyway, 35 minutes "wasted" in line.....people were so miserable....and why? Sure, it was a beautiful day outside....and maybe people really had to get back to work....but the real reason, I think, is that people don't even think anything about complaining....they just do it. One guy was talking on his cell phone (ignoring all the signs), right up to the window....he kept looking at it and clicking buttons while he talked to the clerk....grow up a little....the ladies who work there are actually quite pleasant, miraculously. I found alot of grumbling in me as I waited to pay tax for the state to waste, that they made a mistake on. But I battled it, I mean life is short....why waste time being miserable? So, I got to the window, talked to the lady who had dealt with Benjamin, and she was so apologetic...I was thankful, so thankful that I chose to be happy, and was able to honestly tell her it was okay...she just made a mistake.....she probably gets enough grief from people, day in, day out....

Since we (just Kathryn Grace, 10, and I) were out, and drove all that way, we went to RealDeals and BigLots.....can't waste gas money, can we?

Tomorrow, guess where I have to go again? Right! The DMV....to register the camper....of all the ridiculous things, registering and inspecting campers.....New York state, so money hungry. I think I need to get my thoughts straight before I go tomorrow!! Say a big NO to all that grumbling in me....

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Good job keeping your cool! Line ups and grumpy people have a terrible way of rubbing off on a person. Good luck going back tomorrow :)

junglemama said...

Hi. I ouwld love to get more into you blog but I was wondering if you could please give me a summary about your family so that I could catch up on your family in one brief email? If not, I understand that you are busy. Thanks for the encouraging comment left on my blog.

16 blessings'mom said...

Hi Christine. I am not sure what you want to know, so I'll just guess. I have been married for 24 years, since I was 18, and we have accepted the children in faith, and have sixteen....(I also had 4 miscarriages and a stillborn baby)...the kids range in age from 23 down to 8 months....we have 11 girls and 5 boys...everyone still lives at home. Our oldest has traveled a bit and gone to college, and is now back home. Our oldest son went to college for a year and 1/2, and got tired of the dorm life, so he now commutes from home. The kids are:

Emily - 23
Abigail - 21
Benjamin - 19
Mariel - 18
Joseph - 17
Aaron - 15
Molly - 14
Samuel - 12
Margaret - 11
Kathryn - 10
Evelyn - 8
Suzanne - 7
Sonja - 6
(Robert William, stillborn)
Jonathan - 4
(3 miscarriages)
Charlotte Claire - 2
Camille Anaya, 8 months.....
Sometimes people hear how many kids we have, and they think of the Duggar family...a very impressive family, but we are not very similar. We are just normal people, who love God, and have a lot of kids. I am not very organized, don't know what's for supper most days, have lots of trouble keeping up with the sock matching....but I love my kids like crazy, and we have as much fun as we can. How did I do?

della