summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

my sister

Blogging is an interesting concept. I have always liked to write. I wrote journals in various notebooks through the years. Having this on the internet is challenging beause I don't want to say too much. A few of my daughters don't want their names used. And now I want to write about my sister, and don't want to say too much.....

My sister is ten years older than me. She has seven daughters. And they wore alot of yellow and green as babies, because she thought the next one had to be a boy.....she lives very close to me. We go shopping together alot. She likes to stop and smell the roses, and we dawdle terribly together. When I was growing up, I thought she was mean. She sided with my mother on everything. Then we started becoming friends.....I got converted, along with some other family members. She thought we were crazy, drinking kool-aid and the whole bit. But after a while, she got converted too. Our friendship grew into fellowship. And we accepted the children from God, together......before I moved to this house, I was outside the toll-free calling area for her number. This meant huge telephone bills. We perfected the art of staying on the phone through dirty diaper changes, breaking up fights, and serving meals.....our kids learned lots of hand signals. I think the most exciting thing about moving to this house was that I could call her for free. Anyay, we still have fun together, even though I have had 10 kids after her youngest was born.

She is very sick right now. She is in the hospital. She has had some trouble with kidney stones, and had surgery to blast a very large one. Then it was discovered she had a deformity of one of her kidneys, probably from birth.....she has had pain for all these years...now she has another infection. Her fever was over 104 last night, and she passed out. I talked to her a few hours ago, and they are going to admit her to the hospital, and have already started I.V. antibiotics. They are doing bloodwork, exrays, ect. Tomorrow they will be doing an echo-cardiogram to check her heart, I hope they don't see anything bad. I know none of you know her, but please pray for her, that she can get better, and enjoy the summer a bit.

One of her daughters is in Norway right now, and participated in a Fun Challenge thing at church.....this daughter is allergic to the cold, and apparently the fiord water is very cold....she went into shock, and stopped breathing, and had to be rushed by ambulance to the hospital. She is okay, now......thankfully one of our friends, who is a doctor, was with her and knew what was happening. My sister got this call this afternoon, as she prepared to go in to be checked out herself....when it rains, it pours.....I had been thinking very strongly of this daughter of hers today....and I was compelled to pray for her, not knowing why.

God knows the beginning and the end, but we don't. We just have to trust him that He knows what He is doing, and what is for our best.

5 comments:

Renata said...

I found your blog through Debi's - just want you to know I am praying for your sis & her daughter also.

Cassandra said...

Della, I hope your sister and your neice are both okay, I will be keeping them in my thoughts... and i will say a prayer for you all...
Cassandra xx

Piper Paradise said...

I am delurking to let you know I am thinking of your family. I love reading your blog! I will keep your sister and neice in my thoughts and prayers.

Martha said...

They will both be in my prayers today. Please tell her I am praying.

Enola said...

Prayers for your sister and her niece.