summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

stayed home...

my little sweetie-pie Camille is sick now. She has a fever, like Jonathan and Charlotte Claire had. Sonja also has it. I stayed up and finished my 700 page book last night, until 2:00 (I will never learn), and right as I climbed into bed, Camille started wimpering. So I nursed her, and put her back in her bed.....got back in my super comfy bed, relaxed.....wimper, sniff, snort, cry....rats! I got her up and nursed her again, and again. Four times I snuggled into bed with my fingers crossed. Actually, one of the times I started falling asleep sitting up, so I layed down with her....she thought it was fun time...when I got her in bed for the fourth time, I stupidly looked at my watch, 4:30... and I hadn't been asleep yet....she woke up at 8:00 in the morning, and I closed my door, hoped the other kids would be good when they got up, and took Camille into bed with me for a little dozing and a little nursing.....

I really need another grocery shopping trip, but I couldn't take a sick baby, and couldn't leave her home......tomorrow I have to take two boys to the dentist, Margaret needs a clarinet reed, and I have to register the camper....then when Paul gets home from work, I'll take the truck grocery shopping, and maybe get my daughter a new bike....and maybe a new bike-stroller.....IF Camille is better.. but the dentist, I'll have to go anyway....Emily-the-nurse has to work, and Abigail has plans....Ben has to work, and M. doesn't have her license yet, just a permit.....

Ah, the little details of life. Lots of little details....I don't want to waste the mundane moments. All of our big kids left for the evening, leaving Kathryn on down. Paul went in the hot tub with them, (the kids just LOVE it!!)....I went for a walk with Charlotte Claire and Camille in a double stroller, and Jon, Champ the dog, and the two cats walking. I am not kidding. The stupid dog, he's either deaf or selective of what he listens to in his old age......and he selects not to listen to me. And the cats, Kitten Force and General Thunder, trotting down the road along side of us....what idiots! I honestly felt like we were the traveling circus when a car went by....

I tucked the kids in tonight, or "talked" them in, as Sonja would say. They all say their prayers, and Jon always prays that everyone in the world can be good. Oh, to be four years old again....my kids never forget to pray for people.....if you tell them that such and such person is sick, they are their prayer list forever....it takes a long time to "talk" them in at night....

The little kids aren't bored yet. They have their room clean, and they switched beds around....their beds are like the stuff nightmares are made of for people like me who think of things like throwing up in bed.....dolls, stuffed animals, pencil collections, all around them....and I am the nice mom who cannot just throw away a barfy stuffed dog....oh no, I have to wash it.....I have thrown Barbies right into the wash with the bedding...I must be really tired, sorry.....I'm going to go to bed......

4 comments:

debi9kids said...

Haha That lastpart made me giggle. I too have kids with beds like that and have been known to throw an American Girl doll into the washing machine (shhh! Don't tell Sears! Maybe this is why the darn thing breaks! LOL)
Anyway, hope everyone is feeling better soon!
So, I have to ask and perhaps you would rather just answer me in an email... but, when the older kids strted to really get into jobs 7 such...how do you juggle it? My oldest three are just starting highschool 7 i am DREADING having to drive them everywhere along with draggin all the little ones...UGH

Cassandra said...

LOL at the dog and the cats going for a walk too:-) I hope little Camille is better soon.... I thought i was the only one thought of what happens when they throw up on their beds... You do that too :-)
Cassandra

Martha said...

Anyone walking down the road with three or more children and a pet or two looks like a traveling circus. I used to take my wagon with three kids in it, at least two walking alongside, and the dog following along behind. People noticed. I was known as "the lady with the wagon".

And,... I been known to wash dirty stuffed animals too. My kids didn't sleep with much when they were small as I had a few bedwetters. Barfing wasn't too much of a problem as they didn't get sick much, but for years I washed sheets and gave baths daily. Now those days are just a memory. :) (I thought they'd never end.)

Suburban Correspondent said...

I only have 6, but I can really identify. We've had something with a sore throat and fever moving slowly through the household - it feels so yucky to be sick in the summer!