summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, November 14, 2008

morning post

My three second trip kids are almost out the door....and only Jonathan is up....Camille was up at 6:30, and is back in bed again....and Charlotte Claire is still sleeping.....

I was thinking about yesterday, going out and about with my sister....and like she commented, she didn't MEAN to bump into the ladder in BabiesR'Us....but it was funny. And she didn't MEAN to drive right over the grassy median in the mall parking lot, she just didn't see it.

And did you ever go to Burger King with two free coffee coupons? And ask for lots of cream? Like 5?

Evelyn is wearing Kathryn's new sweater, and Kathryn is already in school, since she is in fifth grade and goes an hour earlier than the elementary kids. She will be surprised when she sees Evelyn, I hope not too mad. Clothes are not really personal posessions when you have 5 girls in a row.

The magical yet dreaded sound of Charlotte Claire's door opening. I am very thankful that her door is loud. She has her purse, and her messy bed-head hair. And I'm sure she needs her diaper changed.....I bought 2 twelve packs of water bottles last night, the nice kind with the sport tops. A bit more expensive, but they were on sale and I had a coupon. And they are special for them. They will re-use them for a while. The problem: Charlotte Claire has one. I have to put away the rest of them, or she will try to help herself to a new one whenever she feels like it.

I have laundry woes. And nobody to blame but myself. See, I have a laundry room. A very messy laundry room. I like to tell myself that if it were bigger, it would be neater. I like to hang up the clothes when they come out of the dryer. Immediately. No wrinkles. So, the laundry room, which is very small, is lined with shelves that you can hang clothes from. And some shelves with baskets.....so the problem: when I put clothes in and someone else uses the washer/dryer, and puts the load from the dryer into a laundry basket...it seems take me forever to get to it and put it away. And sometimes I put a bunch of the stuff back into the dryer so it is neat and not wrinkled. And socks: I have a basket for the matched ones, and one for the unmatched ones. Guess which one is winning?

I hate it when it starts weighing on me that these things aren't in order. It seems next to impossible to get caught up. It's not like I ever have a block of time where someone else will watch the kids, cook, whatever, so I can straighten everything out.....honestly, if I did have that block of time, you would probably have to send me to the laundry room at gunpoint.....

So I guess I need like laundry fairies or something.

So, now you see why when I have a chance to spend a half a day out and about with my sister, I jump at it......no laundry woes when you're driving down the highway drinking extra creamy coffee.....

3 comments:

FLmom7 said...

The laundry room...oh dear. I just forced myself to organize and clean mine, but only because I am in my "nesting" phase with baby due in a few weeks...otherwise I spend most days being frustrated at the state of the laundry room and distracting myself with everything else in life (on purpose) just to ignore it. LOL! I love reading your thoughts...

KrustyLynn said...

Oh, clean laundry is over-rated. Now, the time you have already invested in your children, that will be forever cherished--a lot more than wrinkle-free underwear. :)

It's so fun to hear about your larger-than-life family! :)

Peta said...

I always tell myself a clean laundry is a myth, then I dont stress about it being messy to much. LOL.
Two of my girls are only 12mths apart and they share clothes most of the time, they dont mind, but they both have there"special" things that they dont share.
I go out with my sister every chance I get. We shop, we talk, and we laugh. Makes my day sometimes.....