summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, November 14, 2008

what a nice day...

Evelyn Joy started out the day on the right foot. They usually don't mind going to school too much.....
For the stay at home kids, life was good. They had a "cabin", otherwise known as a carseat box.

It seemed like everytime I snapped a picture, his finger was in his nose....he is going to kill me someday.


Wait, says Camille, that is MY bottle....


Jon does love his baby sister....




It was so nice out today, warm and 60 degrees, sunny and breezy, that I couldn't just stay in the house. But the thing is, I wasn't accomplishing anything anyways.....they were keeping me hopping.....


So, out we went for a nice walk.....









These two idiots followed us all the way down the road, Kitten Force and General Thunder. They are brother and sister......







Camille learned how to point at things, and she was excited the kitties were coming along...









Since Champ the old and deaf dog decided to follow us too, we cut it short. It was much too nice to go in the house, so I went against my picky judgement, and let clean little Camille down in the damp, leafy grass. She certainly enjoyed herself....







Mr. Jonathan on the slide.











Charlotte Claire had big plans....












This is Mr. Champ, the old and friendly mutt. I am procrastinating, but I think he needs to go to the big bunny hunt in the sky one of these days before the cold of winter sets in. He goes up and down those deck steps, and he has trouble even without the ice....






Wait a minute, this stroller is not for you!





The sandbox lid was filled with dirty water and leaves, and my picky self couldn't take it when Camille discovered that! It was in the house now, thank you....but we were out for about an hour.....
Today during nap time I did accomplish something: I put away a laundry basket full of clothes, and did a few other things in the laundry room. I sorted the two sock baskets and found: 4 pairs of little girls' underwear, dirty. Of course no one would do such a thing. In the clean socks basket....no sir. All the time I was doing this, I was aware of the sun, sinking lower, and the chances for my walk getting slimmer.....(the treadmill is coming on the 25th).....and then the little girls wanted to go in the hot tub.....hmm, hot tub, walk, laundry, (nap?) no, no nap. Tired, but will survive......oh what the heck, hot tub wins!!! And we did have fun...
As we sat in the hot tub, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, and I, I had some air bubbles in the top of my bathing suit. I reached down and pushed them out, and Evelyn laughed....I said just wait a few years, you'll have some of these....she started speculating on what size hers would be, using different older sisters, whom I will not name, as examples....then Jon said, "Abigail has some small boots, in her closet!".....we laughed and laughed and not one of those girls told him we were talking about boobs, not boots......
The older kids are all at activity club, so Paul and I are the parents of just two children tonight....and it is busy! Never never never say, "I only have ---- kids...." Because ANY # of kids can keep you hopping. It seems so quiet here and they are very close to us....nothing to distract them. Well, Paul has to go pick them up...













1 comment:

Martha said...

You two posts from today made me smile. Dirty underwear in the clean socks, mismatched socks winning over the clean, escaping for the day with your sister... One day I will have to take a ride past your house and see if you are out for a walk.