summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

seriously lazy day, so far

With little or no ambition to change that any. When I am sleep deprived, it is hard to think about anything but how tired I am. I was certain it was impossible for me to drag my lazy bum out of bed this morning. No, couldn't do it. The girls could skip school....no, wait a minute, I need to get up. I did. And I peeked through the blinds, and my six older kids were faithfully marching on to the school bus.

See, my Camille was a bad girl last night. She was just up and up and up. I nursed her and nursed her and nursed her. Then, I finally, at 4:30 am, brought her out here for a 1/2 dose of decongestant and some tylenol....I rocked her for a while, then at 5:15, I got her into her little pink bed, and I crashed.....oh, I love my bed. I literally could not believe it when Joseph shook my foot at 7:30 this morning.....

Yet, I live. I managed to get the girls off to school looking nice and respectable, then took care of the younger 3 all day....and I got the floor swept, but not much else. Changed the messy diapers, got bottles, fed meals, hugged, opened playdough, cleaned up playdough, picked up all the bowls and containers from the floor after Camille discovered the bowl and container cupboard. (There is now a bungee cord across the handles).....I spent the day chasing my tail, or so it feels. It don't look too pretty in here, and I don't care.

My six older kids are coming home in 10 minutes, and in eleven minutes, my fanny is back in that bed. Or so I hope. I'll beg them to listen for Camille, and come rescue her when she cries, so I can sleep....oh, I am awful. I don't even care about my walk. Yes, I have spent many years in this state. And it's not something I get too used to. Somewhat, I supppose, but there are days, like today, when it just catches up and I just want sleep.

Oh, thank you dear God, the bus is early....good night, all....

2 comments:

Martha said...

I do hope you got some rest. A tired mommy is a cranky mommy and that is NOT a good thing. Thank God for older, responsible children who are willing to pick up the slack when Mom needs some sleep.

Handsfullmom said...

Sleep deprivation is the worst. I get huge headaches right behind my eyes and the slightest thing irritates me. I hope you get better rest tonight.