summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, August 6, 2009

home, home again....

I like to be here when I can...(pink floyd).....yeah, we are home. But not settled in yet...the laundry we had was unbelievable!!! We came home today with so many bags of clothes that needed washing, I decided to go to the laundry mat and do it all at once. So I also added some bedding from here, and the couch covers....now it is half put away, half in the baskets....but it is all folded...hopefully it won't be wrinkled.

Our pool is finally full!!! But, the filter is not installed yet. One thing at a time. ha. More like ten things at a time, around here. The lawn needs mowing like crazy, and I still have lots of clothes to put away......but we got all the food we didn't use put away, and we had a nice dinner tonight. Fresh corn on the cob, grilled burgers and hot dogs, and tator tots. Oh, the corn is good. We got 3 dozen, and it still has to be rationed. I told them some night I would get more and we would just have corn, and they could have as much as they want........

Well, I have things to do, and things to check on, and kids to take care of....Miss Camille likes to remove her diaper, no way babe, and Charlotte Claire peed in her undies again.....why? And Rosie, who missed us like crazy, has been super hyper and she needs a bath. Ben was here with her all week, but he also had to go to work....anyway, she is glad to see us and I am glad to see her.....kind of....nah, I loves her. But.......

I have had a good week though. I have learned some things. It was a very busy time....we didn't have much family time because Paul was cooking at the grill, and I was helping sell candy and snow cones....it was fun meeting the kids and seeing everyone.......and I really saw how I need to be purified within. What good it it to do the good if I don't have a pure heart? I am thankful that God is near, and He is faithful to work with me...so that I can see how I am....well, diapers and pee pee undies are not going away on their own....

2 comments:

maureen said...

It's good to see you back online. I'm glad your conference went well and you felt God's spirit with you.

We love corn here too! And I just love this time of year when you see lots of little outdoor stands selling it freshly picked..that is the best way to buy it!

Maureen

true blessings said...

I'm glad you're back!