summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, August 17, 2009

new morning....

new post....the night passed too quickly. Possibly because we stayed up 'til almost 2am talking and talking and being silly, Mirielle, Mali, Margaret, and I. And where are they right now? With the exception of Mirielle, who has a babysitting job today, they are sleeping. I don't exactly regret staying up so late, but....

It is too hot to to go anywhere. The big van with no A/C seems almost dangerous in the heat. It just isn't designed to have no A/C. Most of the windows are just for looks, the back ones that DO open just are flap windows....so while the driver and and who ever has to sit by mom, or with the younger ones, who ever GETS to sit by mom, are relatively comfortable, as are the first row behind the front, when the van is moving and the breeze comes in, anyway....One time years ago I took all of the kids, I think I had 12, and a friend, down to my parents' house on a severely hot and humid day, and ROAD CONSTRUCTION! I was actually feeling woozy, it was so hot in our van....and yet we still had to just sit and wait in the traffic....after that experience, I have been much more careful about packing them up and going out and about in the heat.

We might be going to Darien Lake again. IF I get the tickets, I don't want the kids to get their hopes up too high, but my brother called me yesterday and said he knows someone who can get the tickets very reasonably. Reasonable enough for us all to go for well under $100! I didn't think we would ever be able to go again....with all these guys, even mini golf and bowling are super expensive. Jon and Sonja K. are busy right now, talking about their favorite rides. To hear them, you wouldn't guess they have been there ONCE.....when we were leaving last time, they started talking about the next time we go, and I wanted to say, HEY KIDS, what makes you thing we will ever get to come here again??.....Now, I just need to talk Paul into going. He had lots of fun last time. If he doesn't go, I won't have anyone to wait with whoever doesn't want to go on a particular ride. The older kids will go off to go on the coasters, and I will have the littler ones by myself. So Paul should take ONE day off from work, and come with us. Mirielle has said she will gladly watch the two younger ones for us, as she doesn't like the rides....

The septic tank pump people might be coming today. Country living at it's best! I hesitated to put on this one particular comfortable around-the-house shirt, because I remembered the septic tank pump people might be coming. And the shirt...well, it is CLEAN, but when my shirts get something on them, a stain, that won't come out, well, then it is an around-the-house shirt. wow, when did I turn into a housewife?

Aaron and Sam are back from their weekend in the Adirondacks. They did not drown, or get eaten by bears. The did, however, sleep out with no tents, and Sam lost some sleep due to the fear of bears. The came back tired and happy.

The girls did not do any painting when the boys were gone , so the living room is still half done. We just need one more night of serious painting, and then we can start the kitchen...blah. It will be nice when it gets done though....all the wall hangings from both rooms are piled on one of the kitchen tables, and some of the furniture is still pulled from the walls.....all the curtains are still down, it looks like the grinch was here, except we have no hooks or wire.

Well, I have some laundry to start, and some sweeping up to do...hey didn't I just do all this YESTERDAY?!

1 comment:

FLmom7 said...

Ooh, I hope you get to get to go to Darien Lake again, that sounds like so much fun! Your posts always make me smile:) p.s. I have my new blog up and running now, so if you get bored (ha!) and feel like reading, just click on my name.