summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It is midnight....

and I should be in bed...I am wondering if I should just bring some ibuprofen into my room with me for when my back starts to hurt...I didn't call the dr. today, nah, not yet....I haven't procrastinated long enough...

Today ended up being a running-around-day....I took Mirielle down to some stores to get a few things for her long journey on the other side of the Atlantic.....we took Evelyn, Sonja, and Charlotte Claire with us. Charlotte Claire somehow made it out the door with her junky old flipflops....we brought her nice little sandals along, and made her put them on before we went into Target. She did not want to wear them, but I insisted....then she had a fit, and it was too late for me to say, WHAT the HECK, just wear them....so Mirielle just PUT the nice sandals on her, and carried her into the store crying very loudly.....Charlotte Claire, that is. Not Mirielle. Anyway, she settled down a bit, and Mirielle asked who had to go to the bathroom....Charlotte Claire went along with Mirielle, but not without saying, "I don't like you anymore, Mirielle..."

So we went through that again at the next store....then, at the third store, before she could start her little whining gig, I told her, GUESS what?! You can wear your flip flops in this store!! What was the lesson learned here? Never mess with a three year old. They will win.

We had a party tonight. I didn't even know it was going on, and they came in and invited me...I was pleasantly surprised when I went out on the deck, and there were candles everywhere, and seated at the new table: Mirielle, Mali, Aaron, Samuel, Kathryn, Evelyn, and Suzanne.....they were eating pizza and playing in candle wax....and talking about how funny it would be to take some of the abundance of toys in our yard and just put them in our neighbors pristine lawn....

Our oven broke tonight. We had these two beautiful Pizza Uno pizzas from BJs......I had put them in the oven, and it just turned off.....they cooked partially, so we had other stuff for dinner...and later the kids put them in foil on the grill outside......hence the party.

Paul didn't get to the oven diagnosis yet. He had taken Margaret and Kathryn to soccer practice, and tomorrow night he has another meeting.....I told him not to worry about it, I can live without it for a while. He is SO responsible....

It seemed like I had extra time on my hands today since I had no mousies to feed. I am not regretful of the experience, even though 3 people have said I am stupid so far. Here I went and taught the kids to be gentle with the mouse babies, they were little and fragile, and I acted like they were so special ....then my M.I.L goes and tells Jonny that mice are dirty and have germs and we should give them to the cat.....hmm.

Camille did not want to go to bed tonight. She said, "I don't want it, night night..." I, on the other hand, am very tired....and, these guys are watching "Kill Bill", AGAIN....it is hard enough to watch once.....

4 comments:

Tereza said...

I despise kill bill....the dumbest movie EVER:):):) Poor you!:)

You sound so busy and versatile! How do you survive? Ha! I feel like I'm going nuts some days:)

Pamela Wade said...

Charlotte Claire sounds so much like my Abigail Marie, who is also 3 yrs. old! She usually wins. She's our baby and we've let her get away with too much! I love reading your blog. I found it a few months ago through Kim's blog, which I've been reading for a few years! ~~Pam

16 blessings'mom said...

Tereza, I also feel like I am going nuts some days, no make that all days....and Pam, pleased to meet you! I also have a daughter named Abigail Marie, my second oldest!

Virginia Revoir said...

It's so embarrassing to in a store when you have a kid that's causing a scene. That's when people look at me and my kids and roll their eyes. Whatever. Inside though sometimes I'm like "oh, just turn back around and quit staring".