summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, August 14, 2009

sneaking some time in....

This is for you, Joseph....Rosie is so sweet and fluffy...she thinks she is one of the kids...she is behaving herself much better lately....

The kids played house outside last night....at first they were playing "garage sale".....here is Suzanne making her house....


Charlotte Claire did something to Camille....so Sonja rescued Camille....



poor Camille...




Charlotte Claire needs to be nicer....but then Camille DID come into her house and steal her baby....(Rosie wanted to live with them, too)






What a nice cozy house.






I think this is Kathryn's house.






Jonathan's house, nestled between Ben's two cars (he is supposedly transferring the engine from the smashed one to the black one....)









This week I have been getting up extra early to sneak in some time on the computer....this morning I kept falling back to sleep.....and Camille woke up....so...I am on here anyway, but she is up along with Jonathan and Sonja. Camille took a big nap yesterday, so she stayed up 'til eleven last night. She was so good and cute and amusing. When the bigger kids got home from their youth meeting, she greeted them all by name, and showed them her snack (a cup of cheesies), and told them that the "monsters are back!" To Camille, "back" means they went back or they are gone. She somehow learned the concept of monsters, and when she starts talking about them she clings to me with these huge eyes. I have found it good through the years to occasionally have the youngest, or the toddler up later, just to enjoy.

I love my kids. Obviously, right? But I do, I just love them so much. I want them to make the right choices, to be happy, to turn to God. I want them to remain pure, and seek the things that are above. I want them to be kind and forgiving, and successful. I would and do give my life and time and heart for them.....it's like I am rooting for them, cheering for them to do the good. Praying for them, encouraging them, hoping for them.....and then I realize just a tiny little bit how it must be for God and all of man.....how He must want the best for us..

I do not see any evidence that they painted last night, I know Mirielle had a huge headache. They did manage to eat lots of cookies and have some more iced coffee drinks, judging by the empty cups around here and the empty cookie packages. It is rather hard for me to go to bed each night, they are so much fun.
Well, time to start the day for real....


















3 comments:

Standinginhislight said...

I love my kids... Yep, that is why I enjoy your daily musings. Real, seemingly honest, beautiful heart, w/ a touch of humor...keep sharing, you are amazing my friend!
~blessings, Sheri

Cassandra said...

Oh my gosh look how big and gorgeous Rosie is, ooohh how i wish i could just come and play with her, she looks like such a fun loving dog!

Cassandra xx

Darla said...

My kids love to do this too...set up houses or farms or forts...all over the place. I always love to see their creativity, although sometimes it is a little tough then when they don't clean up after themselves! I love to come on here and see your posts and pictures because it seems like so few other moms have kids that do this (I don't know if they just don't want to or if the mommies don't let them) but I sometimes feel like I must be a bit strange that I let my kids do this and end up with a little more choas as a result in my house or yard than others do. I think it's good for them!