summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, January 26, 2012

five second post..

I have one half hour, just thirty minutes until I have to get back out the door again...so how do I spend it?

ha.

I had my gallbladder function test this morning, and let's just say that Ignorance Is Bliss. I am SO glad I didn't look it up on WebMd first. I thought it was a "scan". Well, I walked innocently into that room, took in the CAT scan machine, heard the technician say the lovely phrase, "insert your I.V.", and whoa. What? Then he said the word we all love to hear, "injection". But at least he didn't say my least favorite phrase, which is, "take your clothes off."

He was a good I.V. inserter, no pain there. But lying on my back for an hour and a half with that machine down over me, no no no. I had to think happy thoughts about lying on the beach in Jamaica to calm myself down. I have a horribly stuffy nose right now, so it was easy to imagine myself choking and dying. So...then the good part. The "injection" was inserted into the I.V., but....it was a hormone that simulated eating a cheeseburger! (I would have gladly just eaten the cheeseburger). The nice nurse (he was a guy nurse, and I wanted to tell him I have a son in nursing school, but I was feeling woozy) got that stuff going into my vein, telling me reassuringly that I would start feeling naseaus. Well, I thought I was going to die. Gonna barf all over, right there stuck on my back. It was awful. He said not to worry, I would not really throw up. How did he know, I wanted to know...but he was right.

Anyway, I survived the fasting, the going to the small city without coffee or oatmeal, and being stuck on my back for all that time. My nice sister brought me, and watched Camille in the waiting room watching Sesame Street. She brought me to McD's for a coffee, then we went to Kohl's to spend my $10 in Kohl's Cash that was going to expire on Saturday. I got: a gorgeous sweater for Camille, a mermaid nightlight for Camille, and some boots for myself, all for $14.24.

Home....swept, mopped, gave Camille lunch, and now I have to leave to pick up Jonathan and Charlotte Claire, who are going with me to bring Daddy to the airport...he is off to the West Coast for the weekend...

The bad part? What is near the airport? The best bakery in the world. I shall not go there. If I do go there, I will not eat a whole donut. If I do eat a whole donut, I will not eat dinner. blah.

1 comment:

Tereza said...

Wow yes u had that test done but for me they made me eat this horrible chalk tasting stuff that made me bloat and burp... Then into the machine! Hope your results will be good. I wonder if our husbands will meet!!! They r atthe same conference! Small world! I'm gonna tell my husband that if he ever wants to do something random and nice for me... To let me come visit you all by myself for a weekend!! That would be so fun! :)