summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, January 7, 2012

leaving for the dome....

It is hard to leave this happy home,
to go and work at the Carrier Dome.


Princess Camille has on a new sparkly dress, marked down from Christmas, gold and shimmery...and a white faux fur coat, $8 at Target. They are playing house with their kitchen, now parked in the living room. There are new dishes and fake food strewn around, and Jonathan has his new car that drives on the wall. The three of them are having a hard time getting along, because Jon is being bossy and Camille is a spoiled brat. She just cries when she doesn't get her way. They are deciding who will be what, and she just wants to be the Mom.

No, I do not mind working at the Dome, I just hate leaving home.

Paul is here though. I gave him a little bit of advice: talk to the kids, spend time with them, don't worry about the house. These kids love their daddy so much, love attention from him. So they will be fine. Of course if I come home and find a mess, I will change my mind, ha.

So off I go...and yes, I am going to have a Cookiewich. If you have never had one, you have not lived. It is that good. This morning I did see a new number on that scale, and just because I am going to incorporate the calories of that Cookiewich into my day, I am not going to just give up and gain weight, naw, it will be my dinner today. Breakfast was an omelet and grapefruit. I will bring some nuts and an apple for a snack today, and avoid the sausage and hot dogs and pizza like the plague. (gallbladder attack fear is lurking in my heart....)

And, off I go...the three youngest are having a huge tickle fight that we all know will end with someone crying..

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hi There!
I've been reading your blog for about a year now and enjoy hearing about all of your kids.
I had to have my gallbladder removed in August. I know the pain you are talking about - you just want to die! UGH! It's horrible! I kept thinking it was just heartburn at first and it would only hit me like once every few months. And then over the summer it started hitting more frequently and lasting quite a few hours before it would go away. The last time it hit I had eaten pizza the night before and it was the worse pain yet. The hurting under the right rib cage and if you touched it it was excruciating, and then the pain radiated round my right side to my back. My dr sent me for an ultrasound which confirmed stones. He sent me to a surgeon who scheduled my surgery for the following week and told me to eat bland food until then. Lots of baked chicken. I was scared to put anything in my moth (onions and green peppers were a trigger for me too). Surgery lasted about an hour, they did laproscopy. I have 4 small scars on my abdomen and they also went in through my belly button. I had to spend the night and went home the next day. I had a difficult recovery, not from the surgery itself but I had a reaction to the stitches that were used internally. Once I got my appetite back I have been able to eat anything I want pain free. You definitely don't want to put it off if that's what it is because one night it may turn into an emergency and you will have to have it out during an emergency surgery. Better to have it planned. Feel better - it's not fun!
Kim in VA